Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys I have had a question that has been burning inside of me. And I would like some help from you guys.
I have always wanted to become a youtuber. I love the website and I freaking love making people laugh. But I don't know if it is worth all the hard work. I have worked my butt off to improve my channel in every way possible and I just don't know if it is worth all of the effort. I have taken away so much of my time and energy to put into youtube and I just don't know any more. I don't see the results that I want to see and I just don't know if spending days working and editing is worth it any more.
Should I keep working my butt off and see where I end up?

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
If you like what you're doing then keep at it and do it because you love what you do. If not then well just stop doing it. I will put myself as an example here, I been on youtube since 2008 but this channel has been with me since 2009, I started uploading gaming videos on 2013 and enjoy it a lot. Then I got really down because I was looking at the numbers and wanting to get money out of this, heck who doesn't want to do youtube for living! So I kinda stopped for a while and came back again later on and decided, hey F the numbers and F who see it or not I do this for me and because I like to do this and it helps keep me entertain and I can in the future look back to this and be "Look at all the fun I had while playing that game" "I remember when I got those toys!" or ... "How the hell did I made this? Oh right I made a video I will just see it and do it"

So yeah it's up to you if you feel like is worth it or not, you wont get results fast since there are millions if not billions of people using youtube and creating channels and uploading everyday

Reactions: KatyAdelson

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The biggest part that drains people on YouTube is two things

1. The time it actually takes into making a video
and
2. The recognition you will get after making a video

but in a lot of ways that's what makes it interesting.

Watching your older videos and seeing how much you've grown and how your fanbase slowly but surely becomes bigger and bigger is probably the most satisfying thing to me and makes it so that I don't want to give up.

if you think your channel won't last and you've tried as hard as you can then maybe think of a different venture?

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The biggest part that drains people on YouTube is two things

1. The time it actually takes into making a video
and
2. The recognition you will get after making a video

but in a lot of ways that's what makes it interesting.

Watching your older videos and seeing how much you've grown and how your fanbase slowly but surely becomes bigger and bigger is probably the most satisfying thing to me and makes it so that I don't want to give up.

if you think your channel won't last and you've tried as hard as you can then maybe think of a different venture?
Yea ur Right. Idk i think i have grown decently, but I guess its just very frustrating for me. Patients is key i guess[DOUBLEPOST=1469332213,1469332168][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you like what you're doing then keep at it and do it because you love what you do. If not then well just stop doing it. I will put myself as an example here, I been on youtube since 2008 but this channel has been with me since 2009, I started uploading gaming videos on 2013 and enjoy it a lot. Then I got really down because I was looking at the numbers and wanting to get money out of this, heck who doesn't want to do youtube for living! So I kinda stopped for a while and came back again later on and decided, hey F the numbers and F who see it or not I do this for me and because I like to do this and it helps keep me entertain and I can in the future look back to this and be "Look at all the fun I had while playing that game" "I remember when I got those toys!" or ... "How the hell did I made this? Oh right I made a video I will just see it and do it"

So yeah it's up to you if you feel like is worth it or not, you wont get results fast since there are millions if not billions of people using youtube and creating channels and uploading everyday
Yea tru tru. F the numbers, but its hard. Thats the hardest thing to me. I'll try though. Thanks for the tips!!!!

BrotoNBA

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I think you should stick with it. I checked out your videos and I see a lot of potential. The pokemon go one was pretty awesome. For only having 2 months of videos, your numbers look very good to me. Don't give up!

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
YouTube is a lot of fun, but I think if I put all of my YouTube energy into something else, I'd probably be more successful at a different thing. xD However, I really like making videos. ^_^ For me, it's not just about making videos that other people can watch, but more about learning how to make videos (and music). I like learning how to make special effects and nerding out about camera gear and microphones lol. It's a fun hobby! ^_^ I think it is worth it if it's still fun, but if it's not fun anymore, and if you aren't earning much from it, then I'd start to think about either changing up the content a little or perhaps doing something else. It might just be that you need to change up your videos a bit to make it fun again. ^^ Life is way too short to spend it on things you no longer enjoy...

Also, this YouTube stuff takes a lot of time -- especially in the beginning...it's something a lot of people don't realize...

Hollysaurus

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Hey guys I have had a question that has been burning inside of me. And I would like some help from you guys.
I have always wanted to become a youtuber. I love the website and I freaking love making people laugh. But I don't know if it is worth all the hard work. I have worked my butt off to improve my channel in every way possible and I just don't know if it is worth all of the effort. I have taken away so much of my time and energy to put into youtube and I just don't know any more. I don't see the results that I want to see and I just don't know if spending days working and editing is worth it any more.
Should I keep working my butt off and see where I end up?
It's hard to not want to see instant results. It is a lot of work and effort. But why did you start in the first place?! You always have to remind yourself of that! I know we all want to do well.. But I guess it's a process

DanAwesomeStuff

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
It depends what you want out of your YouTube channel. When I first started, I won't lie, I was after subs and views. However the more I got to learn about the filming process and editing process, I started to enjoy it regardless of the amount of subs/views I have. Sure it's nice to have people view and enjoy work you are proud of, but I find myself so excited to film things and edit it because I enjoy that side of the process so much. So for me, for that reason alone, I found a hobby I love and am excited to do, so I enjoy it so much.

I also love it as my friends and family can look back on trips we took, so it's also documenting those adventures!

combeferret

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You need to think about what you really want. Do you want millions of views? Do you want a small but loyal fanbase? Do you just want to make videos for the sake of it? When you truly know the answer, you'll be closer to figuring out if it's worth it or not.

DanAwesomeStuff

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
You need to think about what you really want. Do you want millions of views? Do you want a small but loyal fanbase? Do you just want to make videos for the sake of it? When you truly know the answer, you'll be closer to figuring out if it's worth it or not.
Yes! Hit the nail on the head.