Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You need to think about what you really want. Do you want millions of views? Do you want a small but loyal fanbase? Do you just want to make videos for the sake of it? When you truly know the answer, you'll be closer to figuring out if it's worth it or not.
Well I would live millions a views and a large fan base like everyone else would. I know its not the thing to focus on but its hard not to.[DOUBLEPOST=1469376436,1469376374][/DOUBLEPOST]
It depends what you want out of your YouTube channel. When I first started, I won't lie, I was after subs and views. However the more I got to learn about the filming process and editing process, I started to enjoy it regardless of the amount of subs/views I have. Sure it's nice to have people view and enjoy work you are proud of, but I find myself so excited to film things and edit it because I enjoy that side of the process so much. So for me, for that reason alone, I found a hobby I love and am excited to do, so I enjoy it so much.

I also love it as my friends and family can look back on trips we took, so it's also documenting those adventures!
Yea i love filming and editing. The numbers is what is making youtube kind of stressful so i want to ignore it but its hard.

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
Sometimes we put lot of hard work on our videos but fail to reach the target audience. Maybe you should try to improve the way you tag your videos and write the titles that are attractive. Attractive thumbnails also help a lot. I hope you will feel the difference very soon. Your effort is worth it, you just gotta look through different angle.

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Sometimes we put lot of hard work on our videos but fail to reach the target audience. Maybe you should try to improve the way you tag your videos and write the titles that are attractive. Attractive thumbnails also help a lot. I hope you will feel the difference very soon. Your effort is worth it, you just gotta look through different angle.
Thanks bro!! Yea ill try to change up my tags and stuff like that. I know it will be worth it but it is hard

Reactions: Jawad Soomro

Inspirare

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For a two month old channel I think you've done pretty well actually. Gaining subscribers and views as quickly as you have is quite the accomplishment nowadays!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If the work that's required to be a YouTuber isn't worth it in itself, then it's not worth it. The work has to come first. I have had so many theater productions where I have had more people onstage than in the audience, I've had terrible reviews and shows that didn't work the way I hoped they would, and I still do it, year in and year out. I have a very busy job and yet, I spend hours and hours writing plays, building sets, working with actors, building sound plots, etc., and there's absolutely no guarantee that anyone will like it. And I don't make a dime, even if it did work out, because I do theater at a nonprofit. The reason why I do it is because the work is an absolute joy.

So if the work itself isn't a joy, then it's not worth it. There's no shame in not loving the work of building a channel, but the work may be all any of us get. Make the work worth it.

Reactions: Sam4God

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If the work that's required to be a YouTuber isn't worth it in itself, then it's not worth it. The work has to come first. I have had so many theater productions where I have had more people onstage than in the audience, I've had terrible reviews and shows that didn't work the way I hoped they would, and I still do it, year in and year out. I have a very busy job and yet, I spend hours and hours writing plays, building sets, working with actors, building sound plots, etc., and there's absolutely no guarantee that anyone will like it. And I don't make a dime, even if it did work out, because I do theater at a nonprofit. The reason why I do it is because the work is an absolute joy.

So if the work itself isn't a joy, then it's not worth it. There's no shame in not loving the work of building a channel, but the work may be all any of us get. Make the work worth it.
Thanks so much. This was very inspirational. Yes I loooooove making youtube videos. Every time I edit a video I just sit there and smile, but not seeing the numbers move is just frustrating man. I'm gonna try to focus less on the numbers. Maybe that will help and one day I can become the person that I want to be.[DOUBLEPOST=1469400884,1469400853][/DOUBLEPOST]
For a two month old channel I think you've done pretty well actually. Gaining subscribers and views as quickly as you have is quite the accomplishment nowadays!
Thanks so much bro. Yea sometimes its just annoying if you know what i'm saying

Reactions: xingcat

Gorgi

Reaction score
Hey guys I have had a question that has been burning inside of me. And I would like some help from you guys.
I have always wanted to become a youtuber. I love the website and I freaking love making people laugh. But I don't know if it is worth all the hard work. I have worked my butt off to improve my channel in every way possible and I just don't know if it is worth all of the effort. I have taken away so much of my time and energy to put into youtube and I just don't know any more. I don't see the results that I want to see and I just don't know if spending days working and editing is worth it any more.
Should I keep working my butt off and see where I end up?
This is what I think.
-As an video-editor of a channel which just started I know that we are investing lots of time for a really small amount of people(There are maybe 5-10 interested.). And honestly that's too much.
But at the end of the day this is just fun. No one of the big youtubers didn't came really to earn money.
They came exactly like you with some talent of making people laughing,crying etc. and they just now got payed out their success.There are two categories of Youtubers
1. Came for money
2. Came for fun
You are between both of them and I think that you invest lots of time for YT for money not for love.
So let the youtube be your second plan and do it for fun, professionalism isn't that easy at the beginning :)

I hope you really understand what I meant to say, keep the work going easily don't try to push yourself record quality videos (even in ratio 1/month) and you'll doing it fine :) .

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is what I think.
-As an video-editor of a channel which just started I know that we are investing lots of time for a really small amount of people(There are maybe 5-10 interested.). And honestly that's too much.
But at the end of the day this is just fun. No one of the big youtubers didn't came really to earn money.
They came exactly like you with some talent of making people laughing,crying etc. and they just now got payed out their success.There are two categories of Youtubers
1. Came for money
2. Came for fun
You are between both of them and I think that you invest lots of time for YT for money not for love.
So let the youtube be your second plan and do it for fun, professionalism isn't that easy at the beginning :)

I hope you really understand what I meant to say, keep the work going easily don't try to push yourself record quality videos (even in ratio 1/month) and you'll doing it fine :) .
Ur right. The reason I came here was for the fun, but it slowly became for the money. Thank you for giving me this advice. I will try to change and just have fun and make quality content. Thanks bro. (f the numbers)

Apex Wolf

Reaction score
The only motive I use is never give up, you're dreams are right in front of you, the more you aspire the more easier the job is, I made my channel just a month ago and it has been expanding!

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Hey guys I have had a question that has been burning inside of me. And I would like some help from you guys.
I have always wanted to become a youtuber. I love the website and I freaking love making people laugh. But I don't know if it is worth all the hard work. I have worked my butt off to improve my channel in every way possible and I just don't know if it is worth all of the effort. I have taken away so much of my time and energy to put into youtube and I just don't know any more. I don't see the results that I want to see and I just don't know if spending days working and editing is worth it any more.
Should I keep working my butt off and see where I end up?
If you have to ask, the answer is no, it's not worth it.

Basically you'll be doing a second part time job, for free, indefinitely. Yes it's fun and creative, but if you can't get over that, then it's not for you.