Intro or no intro?

Xapok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Always have an intro whether it's a video/3d simple or complicated. It builds a relationship with the viewers the come to think of you videos when they here it or see it. (Funny story a friend of my and long time subscribe shot me a message with a video that had the same song in it. It ofc was a youtube free song, but he imidiately thought of my intro when he heard it.)

Same goes with a catch phrase(depending what you do and if it fits) but always have an intro of some short no longer than 3-7sec.(catch phrase could also be the intro(ie pewd or phillid)
I like the idea of a quick verbal or visual intro, good for branding, but something short, as Antonio said no ones want to listen to rambling, unless the viewer signed up for that of course.

Reactions: SensualC4

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like the idea of a quick verbal or visual intro, good for branding, but something short, as Antonio said no ones want to listen to rambling, unless the viewer signed up for that of course.
I like this idea too (that is if you want an intro of course) I had an intro once but found out that one of my videos actually worked better. I dont know if the intro was bad but I deleted it and now I´m working on a new intro that is quick, verbal and visual so I hope it will be ready later today and that it will do the job:)

Reactions: Xapok

Xapok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I like this idea too (that is if you want an intro of course) I had an intro once but found out that one of my videos actually worked better. I dont know if the intro was bad but I deleted it and now I´m working on a new intro that is quick, verbal and visual so I hope it will be ready later today and that it will do the job:)
I'm curious to see that intro.

also making an intro is a good exercise, as it forces you to sit down and define precisely what your channel is about.

I have an intro on my channel, it's titled 4 things.
I tried to keep it quick and straight to the point, it's the second version of it.
I would be interested to know what you think of it.

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
also making an intro is a good exercise, as it forces you to sit down and define precisely what your channel is about
That is VERY true. It is quite hard actually. I will try with a bit of humor and some animations and I´m working on a kind of clickbait-ish thumbnail (without it being 100% clickbait of course:)) I just saw your intro and I think you do a good job explaining what your channel is all about:up2:[DOUBLEPOST=1528887433,1528872584][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm curious to see that intro.
It is on my channel now. There was an instant reaction. I lost 3 subscribers pretty fast. I dont know if it has to do with the intro. I see this pattern almost every time i upload new videos and it has been debated here on Yttalk to. It could also have to do with subscribers that have forgotten the subbed to my channel, see the video and then unsub.. But it also looks like I gained 2 sub pretty fast again.... Anyways, I will give it some time to work now and we will see how it goes:)

Reactions: Xapok

Xapok

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
just saw it this morning. It's efficient straight to the point a little clickbaity as you said and all of that under 1 minute, it almost looks like a normal video. well done it does the job.

Reactions: Dave2017

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
just saw it this morning. It's efficient straight to the point a little clickbaity as you said and all of that under 1 minute, it almost looks like a normal video. well done it does the job.
Thanks dude I really appreciate your feedback:up2:

VidaDeJeremiah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I personally have an intro just to let new viewers know that I post weekly(10 secs). I introduce myself in my videos and say that as well by its all about repetition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phantomania

Reaction score
I'm not hitting an intro yet, might wait until i can build up a base otherwise people would hate it if you're a nobody

TAir

Reaction score
I also have this doubt, I am going to stay here and read some answers