Intro or no intro?

ItsMeRay

Hey there, Ray here!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I used to have a dedicated intro at the beginning of my videos, but then I stopped doing it. Now I just do a generic "Hey what is up" intro. I don't think it's a good idea because you want to keep the attention of the audience.

Boki

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I have a very short, animated into. My reasoning is - if my audience can't keep their attention for 2 seconds, the odds are extremely high that they won't be all that interested in my videos in the first place. It's not like they're epic, so... I just keep the intro. It really depends on the channel, type, yadda yadda.

Samiphany

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician
I have to get started on my own intro, but in my opinion you should always have one. Keep it short - Between 5 - 10 seconds because it will be your first impression and if your intro doesn't resonate with people, then they may click away. You want to provide yourself name recognition without sacrificing the experience that the viewers are having. Having that balance, I think, is key.

DatMasterHunts

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I prefer to do a quick highlight from the video before going to the beginning. Since for one, they don't know where the highlight is, as well as they get a little smile, laugh, or chuckle. As well as staying to see it in the actual video itself.

Juan Walls

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just by checking this thread I realized I don't introduce myself in my videos, people don't even know who I AM lol thanks guys!

feyrerm

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I usually put a less than 30 second "catcher" at the beginning of my video A-la modern sitcoms. Then I run a very short intro. 15 seconds or less. I have not had anyone tell me its too repetitive so far, and I produce daily content. That being said you have to go with what feels natural for you and your channel. I think uniformity done well is comforting to the viewer. Its like your favorite shirt, it just feels good.

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I really like the intro I did in my last video. You can check it out and make something similar :)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

FireShock

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
A very short introduction to a video, can’t hurt. I think it’s like having a signature banner on a video, to make a person’s channel stand out a little. Some channels don’t really need an intro, but it does hurt at all. One point though as a viewer, don’t have an intro with bad music. I feel it’s a point that’s not brought up enough. You have the best intro graphics ever, but you put an annoying or bad song over it ughh. Hope that helped :)

Liam O’Doyle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Reviewer
Short into is cool! My old vids it was like 20 seconds, but i cut it and replaced with a 3 second slick flash of the channel name. To me its just a bit more branding