Intro or no intro?

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
A while back I started to add a short (2-3 second) intro to my videos, but someone pointed out to me that I shouldn't do that. Now I have started to doubt myself, what do you guys think? (the video in my signature does not have that intro).
I like your intro, it's very quick and also brands your videos. Something that is 3 seconds is "purr"-fect, I would ignore that person. I get irritated when the intros are like 10 seconds or more, especially when binge watching a channel. One example of an intro that is effective and not irritating when binge watching is CoP, they are one of my favorite channels and their intro does not bug me. I would keep it.

Here's a CoP video just so you can see what I mean about a quick and effective intro

Reactions: Furry Gurus

MeowCaptain

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My intro is maximum 6 seconds. It announces that I made this video. That's it.

If your intro is less than that, then you should go for it.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I have had a 5 second intro that shows my name and whatever the video is about (Like motovlog # XX etc). I never had a comment about it.

User_36336

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
You should see how I make my intro. But I love your 2 - 3 second intro btw! It notifies the viewers that a certain YouTuber is you that's making the video, and not anyone else. That didn't go too well.. :unsure:

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
You should see how I make my intro. But I love your 2 - 3 second intro btw! It notifies the viewers that a certain YouTuber is you that's making the video, and not anyone else. That didn't go too well.. :unsure:
Love your intro, I don't have the skills to do that unfortunately :) Mine was made with Powerpoint :p

Reactions: User_36336

slayerkm

Daily Vlogger
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I'm not a massive fan of intro's to be fair but they sometimes work!

I am using a new technique where i'm shooting a mini montage kinda intro thing before each vlog and i kinda like it, check my last couple videos out to see what i mean

kiawill

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
My into is 3 seconds long and think it works well

DogsAreAwesome

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Maybe you can make a short intro (2-3 secs), you can use just your logo or your channel's name