Increased Popularity Outside Home Region

Do you care about gaining viewers in other countries?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Not in the Slightest

• Total voters

ProfessionalRik

Gaming Culture's Icon
I've noticed that I'm more popular in other parts of the world than in the States.
Not complaining; just wondering if this is happening to anyone else
or if anyone can think of a way I can build on this potential fan-base.

Back when I was on twitch regularly, my most active follower was Romanian.
Only had @Nick and Sammy ever actively follow me from the states.

So, let's break this down in this thread. International promotion. Who's got tips?

I know one of my biggest strengths in the international market:
I'm mostly online and posting while people here are sleeping,
which means every where else there are viewers,
awake and ready to watch.​

I get a lot of viewers from South America and Australia, i think because off-roading is popular there. Unfortunately the advertisers arent willing to pay nearly as much to show them ads as they pay for viewers in the United States..

For sure. I live in a very small country (Denmark) where Youtube isn´t big at all, and the audience is very limited.
So I make all of my videos in english so i (hopefully) can reach a bigger audience in time.
I dont have any specfic tips for International promotion other then making your videos in english/american:)

For sure. I live in a very small country (Denmark) where Youtube isn´t big at all, and the audience is very limited.
So I make all of my videos in english so i (hopefully) can reach a bigger audience in time.
I dont have any specfic tips for International promotion other then making your videos in english/american:)
Run adwords on certain country in combination with the person mastering english (if that's what you're after) and you will boost your subscriber base in that country.

Less than 5% of my views are from the UK (Where I live)
If I didnt care about views from elsewhere I wouldn't have the channel I have now!

I was surprised when I started to notice that most of my audience is French, German, and Italian and cannot speak very much English. :eek: I think having videos with little to no English helps draw an international audience. ^_^

Back