In need of artistic ideas...

MrDXZ

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey guys, my name is Zach, AKA MrDXZ, and I'm a Chatroulette/Omegle YouTuber who is trying to come back after a one year hiatus. Well, I realized my channel needs some work done to it before I put up any videos. For starters, I need a Chatroulette video overlay/frame for my videos. I have an idea of how to make one but I don't know where to start exactly using only Photoshop CC 2015 or what to do design wise. I also need ideas on what to do as far as my art work banner goes. My colors are black and red, and I'm thinking about throwing dark silver in to help bring the designs together. I want to do everything myself and I know I am asking for a lot of advice, probably to the point where it sounds kinda pathetic, but I'm stuck and I think if anybody can get me outta this artistic block, it'd be fellow YouTubers. Please, if you have any ideas and can help me with at least just one of these, I will be forever grateful. Thank you guys in advance and I really can't wait to hear your guys' thoughts.

Last edited:

Freshly Finished

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I like the idea you have for color scheme for sure. i would say it would look super sleek if you were to make it a black and silver banner and throw pops of red in in to accentuate certain things. A minimalist monochrome banner would look really good and especially if u put a few pops of color in it to tie it all together. maybe make the silver stand out by overlaying a photo of brushed steel or stainless steel in photoshop (using either overlay, soft light, or screen as the blending mode). if you want some visual ideas take a look at my channel i have linked in my post, or my black and white banner on my other channel Fresh Finish Media :)

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think you should make your display picture a little bit brighter so people can see you a bit more clearly. I know you're going for the red and black theme which is darker but when scrolling quickly and seeing a small picture of your DP, it's hard to distinguish what it is we are seeing. An easier to view DP would attract people in more readily :)

Pdeanna

Reaction score
Because that is such a heavy color scheme I would recommend you add a little contrast with a lighter grey. It will balance out the colors more. Maybe something like this.
e1be116ec3587665bfc72ca76dcaa685.jpg

Reactions: Freshly Finished