I'm using window media maker, help!!

Chris and Nima

I've Got It
Reaction score
I am currently using free software to make videos is it really worth the money to purchase software? If so what is the best for the price? Sorry I'm really new at this and don't want to spend tons of money trying different ones out. Thanks for your time.

MOO

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you mean Windows Movie Maker? I use that, too. Here is what I think, though. If you are invested and dedicated to your YouTube channel (and depending on the intensity of editing required for your videos, which to be honest, doesn't seem like much) you should buy a heavy duty video editing software, such as Sony Vegas Pro. Of course, you can get a free trial of software like this to see if this is something you would be willing to spend 70 or so bucks on.

Celsus

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Corel Visual Studios is a good starter software. It doesn't have all the flash adobe and vegas pro has but you also have less rendering time because of this. They generally have a sale every month or two so if you watch the site you may get it cheaper. it's normally $79 USD. I wouldn't suggest spending money on high end software until you're comfortable with editing in generally.

Last edited:

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Also I suggest trying out lightworks, the free version allows you to render up to 720P videos and offers you a lot more options than what movie maker does.

Reactions: Sk Jony and Celsus

Celsus

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Also I suggest trying out lightworks, the free version allows you to render up to 720P videos and offers you a lot more options than what movie maker does.
I heard good things about lightworks

Reactions: Shehzad

XXLRay

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Only upgrade if your current software can't (conveniently) do what you want to do. If you can edit your videos just fine at the moment there is no reason to invest in something new.

Shehzad

The Brown Fudge
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I heard good things about lightworks
A lot more people seem to be using it from what I've seen. It's works pretty well and is nice to have more of an affordable piece of editing software out there. Vegas pro and adobe are so ridiculously expensive the only way I got my hands on Vegas is because I got a free copy from a computer shop my dad worked in.

Reactions: Celsus

Celsus

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
A lot more people seem to be using it from what I've seen. It's works pretty well and is nice to have more of an affordable piece of editing software out there. Vegas pro and adobe are so ridiculously expensive the only way I got my hands on Vegas is because I got a free copy from a computer shop my dad worked in.
That's the main reason I went for Corel Visual studios, My mother was crazy about editing, after I bought my house I told her I was going to set up a channel. Then she went on for about a month about why I should use visual studios so I ended up getting a copy, and I have to say I'm not disappointed with it. I've played around with vegas pro. I haven't used adobe but I dislike their business model so I probably won't.

Reactions: Shehzad

D_halfrican

I've Got It
Reaction score
I suggest hitfilm 3 express its free and you can do basic editing and even compositing and you can buy individual features the more comfortable you get with the software.

Reactions: Sk Jony

Chris and Nima

I've Got It
Reaction score
Great thank you for all the responses I'll check out a few of these and maybe a couple trials and see which I like. I'm not real advanced at editing would you say any of these are easy to use?