If a Better Video Platform became Popular, would you Switch?

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Depends on the platform itself. Not interested in Facebook and the like, but if something similar to YouTube itself opened up with better features, a larger audience etc, then I'd certainly adapt and share my content there too.

Always be willing to adapt, don't cling on for dear life to an old platform if a new one is overwhelming it. That's how many great businesses have been taken out over the years by fresh faces who're more willing to take on new technology/sites/etc. Good business is about growth, not about maintaining your existing dwindling following - the maintaining comes as a bonus to your existing growth, if you don't have growth, you're in decline, since followers are constantly being distracted and leaving no matter how good your efforts are.

That said, don't just jump ship, but try it out as an alternative, in case things backfire and that new place only has a short lifespan.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Why switch when you could do both?
Until another video platform pays the same way YouTube does (or better), I don't see the need to switch.

Reactions: TastyGamers

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Yes - of course. Why should I stay with YouTube?! I am not particularly satisfied with the way YouTube operates so why should I waste my time with them if they are getting less and less popular. Our community of viewers and friends is much more important than this particular Google video platform.

FraYoshi

GNU lover ^^
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Vlogger, Designer, Animator
A VERY nice question!
I'm already active in many platforms but my base, continue to be YouTube :) I build an audience, i met friends and mastered almost every feature.. ^^