If a Better Video Platform became Popular, would you Switch?

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

If another video platform, like YouTube, became more popular, would you completely switch to that? Try and do both or stick to your roots (Youtube)?

I promised myself that if another popular platform rises into the spotlight, that I would definitely post content on that website or platform because you never know what can happen. Vine has grown so fast and is another platform that has had success for creators like YouTube. What do you think? Let me know!

Xzeron

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I have made a few vines in my days, but the thing is, i dont think Youtube will ever become irrelevant, and i dont think there will be another media outlet that can match it. Twitch has come close, for gaming at least, but the core of what youtube is, users sharing their original (sometimes not so much) content, and i dont think that'll be matched.

SensualC4

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't see why I won't upload to both, especially since your core subscribers and most loyal fans would (most likely) still be on youtube <3

Mauricio

I cook for a living and ill cook you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
I actually thick facebook is getting popular for uploading videos. People seem to get more views from it quicker then YouTube. But i don't think i would ever switch.

SensualC4

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I actually thick facebook is getting popular for uploading videos. People seem to get more views from it quicker then YouTube. But i don't think i would ever switch.
Be careful with their stats, they run on auto play and register a "view" as around 10sec. That leaves the question of whether or not your views are actually engaged viewers. But running it on both can't hurt :D

binky VS bunson

LoL Guys
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Thought about this with Facebook.... it's getting pretty big.... I know the view count is skewed, but it still auto plays in the news feed and boosting really makes it easier to find your audience.... Plus people are hanging out on Facebook for hours.... I do both basically, I promote and work harder on my Youtube links, but for my Facebook Fan Page, I usually will push the Youtube link for a while after I upload it, then eventually upload it native to Facebook.... I have fans on Facebook that have never been to my channel on Youtube, just get their videos through my fan page.... You kinda gotta hit em from all angles ;) haha

Mauricio

I cook for a living and ill cook you
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Reviewer
Be careful with their stats, they run on auto play and register a "view" as around 10sec. That leaves the question of whether or not your views are actually engaged viewers. But running it on both can't hurt :D
thats true i hate that auto play. But you can use that to your advantage on trying to hook someone with a awesome bit from the beginging of the video

Reactions: SensualC4

Amalia

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
That's actually a very interesting question...I think to me it really depends on my audience, if they've stayed on Youtube or if they have already moved on - and then it also depends on the design and the funktion of the new platform, if it's better than Youtube I'll probably switch. But I think I would still upload on Youtube, just because that's where I started my journey :D

DoStuffJosh

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I think I would definitely upload to both, you never know whats going to happen. If a video uploading website came along which was very similar to YouTube - I feel the only way that it would get big, is if YouTube was dying for some reason. At the moment, YouTube just seems to be getting bigger and bigger. But, in general, I would definitely upload to a new website!

Kaleido

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would absolutely jump ship if a better option came a long right now. My channel is small enough that it wouldn't really matter. If I had a 5-figure sub count the decision would be a lot more complicated.