I HAVE TO LET THIS OUT

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So so many people on this forum are asking this question.

"What do you think I should do?" "What do you guys want to see?" "What videos should I post?"

For all those people asking this question do something that YOU want to do. Not what other people want you to do. Yes you can take suggestions, but what is the point of making a video you don't want to make because someone wanted you to make it. You are on youtube because YOU want to make videos that YOU want to do. YOU want to enjoy yourself on youtube. Don't even think about your audience if you are not having fun.
If you look at my channel I am a 15 year old playing minecraft and roblox. I am literally a 15 year old playing 8 year old games with my friends. But that doesn't bother me at all cuz I enjoy myself.
So what I am trying to say is don't follow other people. Do you and only you.

sphamedia

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think asking for suggestions is ok if its on your channel or videos because its your fans that matter most but asking randomers is a bit od lol

Coffee Nova

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Agreed 100%

It isn't just here that I see that question pop up a lot though. I think people just hope there a magic formula that they can use and instantly reach whatever goal they have for their channel. Forgetting it is the slow building and creative process that prepares the channel and you for the next level.

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think asking for suggestions is ok if its on your channel or videos because its your fans that matter most but asking randomers is a bit od lol
yea i guess but like asking for ideas and stuff like that is kind of too much in my opinion. idk[DOUBLEPOST=1470595244,1470595132][/DOUBLEPOST]
Agreed 100%

It isn't just here that I see that question pop up a lot though. I think people just hope there a magic formula that they can use and instantly reach whatever goal they have for their channel. Forgetting it is the slow building and creative process that prepares the channel and you for the next level.
Yea a lot of people care too much about the numbers. the sub counts and views start to consume them and then they totally forget why they originally started which was to have fun.

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Everyone has different reasons for being on Youtube. Some such as yourself seem to just do it for fun. Some are here because they have a message they wanna spread. Some are here because they want to make a living off this platform, and some perhaps are mixture of these or even something completely different all together.

Now I would agree with you that you should probably make videos that you enjoy, otherwise you will burn out in the long run. But if your goal is to get big, it isn't always a good idea to just do something you find fun. For example, I'm a great juggler, speak many languages, an okay break dancer, amazing at memorizing stuff, but they're not something I'd be able to stand out from the crowd because there's many people way better than me in those categories.

My suggestion for people is to create a triple venn diagram answering in each
1. What do you know?
2. What are you an expert in?
3. And what do you enjoy doing?
Then look at what intersects in the middle, and consider making a channel or videos off this

You can also ask
1. What's trending?
2. What's in demand?
3. What makes you unique?

My point is, it's not always as simple as what you find fun

Last edited:
Reactions: Redford1900

Its Ryan

Youtuber?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Everyone has different reasons for being on Youtube. Some such as yourself seem to just do it for fun. Some are here because they have a message they wanna spread. Some are here because they want to make a living off this platform, and some perhaps are mixture of these or even something completely different all together.

Now I would agree with you that you should probably make videos that you enjoy, otherwise you will burn out in the long run. But if your goal is to get big, it isn't always a good idea to just do something you find fun. For example, I'm a great juggler, speak many languages, an okay break dancer, amazing at memorizing stuff, but they're not something I'd be able to stand out from the crowd because there's many people way better than me in those categories.

My suggestion for people is to create a triple venn diagram answering in each
1. What do you know?
2. What are you an expert in?
3. And what do you enjoy doing?
Then look at what intersects in the middle, and consider making a channel or videos off this

You can also ask
1. What's trending?
2. What's in demand?
3. What makes you unique?

My point is, it's not always as simple as what you find fun
tru tru