I am a big Youtuber, Ask me anything.

Well other than what I said in my comment, like you said in your other thread,

Gateway videos and Shoutouts (I think you said something about shoutouts)

Could you go into more detail about gateway videos?

Read the guide called "the small stay small, the big get bigger"[DOUBLEPOST=1375837243,1375835552][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you think it is possible for a channel in my genre (how to, survival, minidocumentaries, outdoors, etc) to ever hit the big time?

Yes :D

Great thread. Congrats on your success. I hope you get close to the numbers you're looking for next. I'm going over your guide at the moment. My channel is of the comedy variety. I've made some videos that I feel could be very big but never seem to get the views I really want out of them. In your successful opinion, why is that?

Feedback from a bigger channel would be wonderful. Could you see my channel and tell me how I could make it better or what I'm doing wrong? Thanks :D

Great thread. Congrats on your success. I hope you get close to the numbers you're looking for next. I'm going over your guide at the moment. My channel is of the comedy variety. I've made that I feel but never seem to get the views I really want out of them. In your successful opinion, why is that?

Perhaps you're promoting them in the wrong places, try finding a suitable subreddit.

You really do deserve the success you have, man! I don't play LoL much but still try to catch your vids as they are uploaded since I find them quite interesting. But here is where my question comes in, if you stopped uploading LoL and did different games do you think you would still maintain the same amount of views?

You really do deserve the success you have, man! I don't play LoL much but still try to catch your vids as they are uploaded since I find them quite interesting. But here is where my question comes in, if you stopped uploading LoL and did different games do you think you would still maintain the same amount of views?

I think my views would drop down a bit, seeing as some of my subscribers are here only for league of legends. I definately think that after a while, I could sustain an equally big if not bigger audience with different games.

That's an easy way of attracting more views, I still don't think thumbnails are significant enough that they could get a channel with bad content big.

I know, but even so, those are pretty much equivalent to misleading thumbnails in an attempt to get views. People are expecting to see that, and when they click it's not what they expected, using misleading thumbnails is a thing you really shouldn't do regardless.

I know, but even so, those are pretty much equivalent to misleading thumbnails in an attempt to get views. People are expecting to see that, and when they click it's not what they expected, using misleading thumbnails is a thing you really shouldn't do regardless.

I disagree, extra views are extra views, regardless of what people were expecting. I think using tricks such as fanservice in thumbnails is a great idea, it helps bring attention to videos.

Back