How'd you get the money for your equipment/gear?

I work at Walmart, as a cart pusher. The job sucks especially on busy and hot days. But when you finally have enough to save up for the equipment then it feels really good.

I have a regular 9-to-5 office job (or more like 8-to-8, but whatever). It pays well, and I don't have an extravagant lifestyle, so buying equipment isn't that hard. I don't really have many needs in terms of technology, and I'm a little bit stingy about spending my hard-earned paycheck, so I'm not up with an incredible camera or sound recording equipment just yet, but I'll make the plunge someday.

I was able to afford my first GoPro after I got myself into a budget. I made a lot of changes in order to save money. For example:
- I started commuting on bike and public transportation.
-I started meal prepping for the week.
- Avoided going out to movies or shopping.
- Started thrifting.
- I searched for cash and moving jobs on a weekly basis.

To this day I still continue doing some of that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ooh 10 hours a week thats rough i used to have a simerler thing going on, saving and prioritisng i went without new clothes for months and my stuff was falling apart just so i could kit out on new eqquipment but you dont have to go that extreame just keep a close eye on sales and things like ebay.

I'm working at McDonalds and getting no more than 10 hours a week which sucks,I'm working on finding a better job within the next 3-5 months. I could also make money on the side by fixing things or flipping stuff off craigslist If I really wanted to since I have tools and am pretty handy. I just want to know how everyone saved for their equipment and maybe learn ways I can make more money. Excuse me for any broken rules if any here.

I feel ya man! I stared working at a retail store because I could not find a better job. But it's okay because my working times vary between 12 up to 36 hours and that's okay by me next to my school 2 times a week. Although it's allot of though work and heavy lifting I try to work as much as possible but that is more to pay for my study then for yt at the moment. But god I hope that when I'm done with my beauty school that I can find some work in that sector because the lifting is really not good for my back at all!

I work 20-25 hours a week as a server at a pizza joint, and on the side I do freelance photography/videography which can really grab me in some cash when I get gigs. Most gigs pay around $300 and I get those a couple times a month.

BUT although it's nice to do freelance work, it takes a lot of FREE work to build a portfolio in order to start getting paid.

Back