How To Write Titles?!

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
How did you develop a technique with video titles using keywords and having a nice flow? Some popular videos have very little words and others are stacked with keywords.

Jack Swish

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Bigger channels don't really use SEO too much as they already have a big fan base or if they do they are going for a particular term that they are trying to rank for. I think everyone should use as multiple keywords in their titles as long as it is natural and not keyword stuffed. The title is the main indicator for YouTube so including lots of keywords spreads your reach.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strat / technique forum.

GadVeen

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
How did you develop a technique with video titles using keywords and having a nice flow? Some popular videos have very little words and others are stacked with keywords.
I tend to agree with Jack although I've researched about it. Popular channels will have great retention time and watch time, which should be sufficient for them to rank.

Smaller channels will need SEO. I personally do initial research with Google Keyword Planner, YouTube auto suggestions and TubeBuddy's Tag Explorer in the same order. It pretty much gives good title by narrowing down.

Miss Medi

Retro Games and Things!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi Derrick, I have also heard that the closer up to the beginning of your title any keywords are, the more they will rank. :) So if your doing a Box Opening, make those the first two words of your title

Reactions: Derrick Toys

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If you're a smaller channel as others have said you will want to be more specific with the title and load in some keywords related to some maybe longer ones that you are trying to rank on. I gained a number of active subs recently and realized that I could be a lot less specific with the titles and still get ranked on certain tags because I have the sub views pushing me up regardless, but if you don't have that you want as much search potential as you can possibly get. I would be specific and focus on keywords you want to rank on. The keywords you use in your title will impact the rank so make sure your most important keywords are represented in your title to improve your odds. Again, the key part is "searchable and specific".

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's several things to consider.

For older audiences who can read, the visible part of the title is the most important, as that is what grabs attention. There is some evidence that Yt also ranks the visible part higher algorithmically than the remaining text that is not visible to the viewer. The title needs to balance being attention grabbing psychologically, and also seo optimized.

For kids viewers, say under 5 or 6 years old, especially if they are using the Kids App, first they can't read (in most cases) and second the play is on auto-suggest so videos surface one after the other. In this case titles are purely for seo purposes. The reason popular channels keyword stack is they want to be associated with the vertical and rise to the top of it. There are a handful of channels that own the "kids" "toys" vertical and those kws are in the T/T/D.

With respect to actually writing the metadata, I used to use Tb, G tools, etc, but now I just go straight to the source: Yt auto suggest. That's what people are searching for, and you want to position your videos into the search path.

The most critical thing for kids channels is a bright, happy, clickable thumbnails that shows emotions and engages the child.

Anjim

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I tend to agree with Jack although I've researched about it. Popular channels will have great retention time and watch time, which should be sufficient for them to rank.

Smaller channels will need SEO. I personally do initial research with Google Keyword Planner, YouTube auto suggestions and TubeBuddy's Tag Explorer in the same order. It pretty much gives good title by narrowing down.
I use tubebuddy too