How to Successfully promote your videos through Facebook

just Moto

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is a strategy I employed over the last year and it was pretty good for anywhere between 300 - 3000 views each time I used it.

There's a little effort on your part involved, so if hard works not your thing then neither is this tutorial haha.

I would only recommend this for YouTubers trying to promote their videos, get their name out there and established. Once you have got your feet planted solid it can become a bit of a chore for 3000 views.

So lets go....

STEP 1. MAKE A FACEBOOK PAGE

You are going to want to make some kind of facebook page that represents some type of genre that you can slot your video posts into and people will want to click on them. So if you ran a skateboarding video channel then it's pretty straight forward... Your making a page about skateboarding! If you run a DIY channel then its a DIY page.

The biggest thing you will want to do with this page is build the audience fast. You can do this by posting short video clips related to the niche that people will find either funny, interesting or strange and naturally they will share them, like them and tag their friends.

The videos need to be uploaded to your facebook page for your page name to be shared along side of them.

Now weather you choose to "freeboot" other peoples videos is entirely up to you. Lots of people do it. If not, just email the person on Youtube and ask if they mind you posting their video. 99 times out of a 100 they will say GO FOR IT!

Post 2-3 videos a day, tag 50 to 100 friends for as long as you can without annoying them till you have some good page likes and you are on your way. There is no reason anyone can't get 1000 new page likes per week within the first month if you are doing it right.

So that's step 1 in a nut shell. Before you know it you will have a pretty decent facebook audience you will be able to post your youtube videos too, but you can't just paste a direct link to your video because facebook doesn't want traffic going there.... LETS GO TO STEP 2.

STEP 2. MAKE A BLOG SITE!

Blog sites are great for posting your video to and then sharing it to your facebook page. Not only do you get to customise your thumbnail but you get a pretty decent screen size advertisement and your post has a much better chance of being shown to your audience than a youtube link ever will. All you need to do is add a youtube play button to your customizable thumbnail and people are going to naturally click on it and be taken to the blog page where you video is hosted.

Ok, so now I'm using wordpress and have 3 different niche sites running I can post my video to, but before that I just had a free blogger page that I would post the vids to and then put them on the FB page. If you are just starting out go the FREE option. Wordpress will look a little more professional and you can add some more SEO stuff to it but it's not that much more overly effective for what you want to achieve, which is converting traffic from your FB page to YT to hopefully SUBS!

So make your Blogger page, and experiment making a few posts to it etc. Get about 5 videos on it so when people land there they are slightly impressed or don't just think "what the?"

STEP 3. PIECING IT ALL TOGETHER

Once you have a video posted to your blog page that you want on your facebook page its time to head to a website called bitly.com where you want to post the blog posts url and shorten it. When you shorten it you also have the option to customise it so your link will read bit.ly/skateboard_vidz or whatever you want to name it.

Now take this shortened url to your FB page and paste it. Facebook should load up the post and have an option to add your own photo.

With the photo you want something that is going to make the person want to click it. They are more or less going to be seeing what looks like an organic video on Facebook that is paused... You will have a transparent thumbnail overlayed over the thumbnail and it will look like this.

Again, if you are just starting out.... tag all your friends in it that you think wont mind. This works because when you tag them in it, their friends are likely to see it also if they comment on the post or they might tag a friend it it.

Because you have used a shortened url on Bit/ly, you can track how many views you are getting for the post each day on the bit.ly website.

You can download a heap of different play buttons to overlay on your thumbnail. Just search youtube play button .png in google images.

It can't hurt to add a bit of a funny headline either as well as some smiley faces/emoticons, although there will be a bit of a description from your blog post below the thumbnail. This is where Wordpress is better because you can add more key words and SEO tools to the blog post which will bring in more search views from google to your video, but Blogger still works so don't stress!

CONCLUSION.

Well that's pretty much it. I gave this a go starting around January 2015 because I realised I was unable to get any views from FB to YouTube. A quick look at some of my blogger pages shows I got 30,000 views and that was only when I started in the early months of the year. Some posts have had good success getting 3000 views from Facebook to Youtube in 2 days.

Furthermore, make a shortened URL on Bit.ly to your Youtube Subscription page. This is something you can post in the comments below your blog post to convert facebookers to Youtube subs. I gained about 5,000 new subs for 2015 using the shortened sub link ;)

I was using the wordpress blogs from around March onwards and now I have my channel set up I'm seeing no point in using them as each video seems to get around 10,000 views in the first 24 hours weather promoted or not.

If you are serious about youtube and want to get somewhere then this is one solid process I recommend you get used to doing each time you release a video. I will be starting a new channel soon and using this strategy to a T.

Also, if you have a decent Instagram following (IF NOT I SUGGEST MAKING ONE), then you can post a screen shot of your thumbnail with a "NEW VIDEO UP! LINK IN BIO" comment and paste the link in your BIO/Profile.... people WILL swap over to youtube to watch!

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Celsus

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is a strategy I employed over the last year and it was pretty good for anywhere between 300 - 3000 views each time I used it.

There's a little effort on your part involved, so if hard works not your thing then neither is this tutorial haha.

I would only recommend this for YouTubers trying to promote their videos, get their name out there and established. Once you have got your feet planted solid it can become a bit of a chore for 3000 views.

So lets go....

STEP 1. MAKE A FACEBOOK PAGE

You are going to want to make some kind of facebook page that represents some type of genre that you can slot your video posts into and people will want to click on them. So if you ran a skateboarding video channel then it's pretty straight forward... Your making a page about skateboarding! If you run a DIY channel then its a DIY page.

The biggest thing you will want to do with this page is build the audience fast. You can do this by posting short video clips related to the niche that people will find either funny, interesting or strange and naturally they will share them, like them and tag their friends.

The videos need to be uploaded to your facebook page for your page name to be shared along side of them.

Now weather you choose to "freeboot" other peoples videos is entirely up to you. Lots of people do it. If not, just email the person on Youtube and ask if they mind you posting their video. 99 times out of a 100 they will say GO FOR IT!

Post 2-3 videos a day, tag 50 to 100 friends for as long as you can without annoying them till you have some good page likes and you are on your way. There is no reason anyone can't get 1000 new page likes per week within the first month if you are doing it right.

So that's step 1 in a nut shell. Before you know it you will have a pretty decent facebook audience you will be able to post your youtube videos too, but you can't just paste a direct link to your video because facebook doesn't want traffic going there.... LETS GO TO STEP 2.

STEP 2. MAKE A BLOG SITE!

Blog sites are great for posting your video to and then sharing it to your facebook page. Not only do you get to customise your thumbnail but you get a pretty decent screen size advertisement and your post has a much better chance of being shown to your audience than a youtube link ever will. All you need to do is add a youtube play button to your customizable thumbnail and people are going to naturally click on it and be taken to the blog page where you video is hosted.

Ok, so now I'm using wordpress and have 3 different niche sites running I can post my video to, but before that I just had a free blogger page that I would post the vids to and then put them on the FB page. If you are just starting out go the FREE option. Wordpress will look a little more professional and you can add some more SEO stuff to it but it's not that much more overly effective for what you want to achieve, which is converting traffic from your FB page to YT to hopefully SUBS!

So make your Blogger page, and experiment making a few posts to it etc. Get about 5 videos on it so when people land there they are slightly impressed or don't just think "what the?"

STEP 3. PIECING IT ALL TOGETHER

Once you have a video posted to your blog page that you want on your facebook page its time to head to a website called bitly.com where you want to post the blog posts url and shorten it. When you shorten it you also have the option to customise it so your link will read bit.ly/skateboard_vidz or whatever you want to name it.

Now take this shortened url to your FB page and paste it. Facebook should load up the post and have an option to add your own photo.

With the photo you want something that is going to make the person want to click it. They are more or less going to be seeing what looks like an organic video on Facebook that is paused... You will have a transparent thumbnail overlayed over the thumbnail and it will look like this.

Again, if you are just starting out.... tag all your friends in it that you think wont mind. This works because when you tag them in it, their friends are likely to see it also if they comment on the post or they might tag a friend it it.

Because you have used a shortened url on Bit/ly, you can track how many views you are getting for the post each day on the bit.ly website.

You can download a heap of different play buttons to overlay on your thumbnail. Just search youtube play button .png in google images.

It can't hurt to add a bit of a funny headline either as well as some smiley faces/emoticons, although there will be a bit of a description from your blog post below the thumbnail. This is where Wordpress is better because you can add more key words and SEO tools to the blog post which will bring in more search views from google to your video, but Blogger still works so don't stress!

CONCLUSION.

Well that's pretty much it. I gave this a go starting around January 2015 because I realised I was unable to get any views from FB to YouTube. A quick look at some of my blogger pages shows I got 30,000 views and that was only when I started in the early months of the year. Some posts have had good success getting 3000 views from Facebook to Youtube in 2 days.

Furthermore, make a shortened URL on Bit.ly to your Youtube Subscription page. This is something you can post in the comments below your blog post to convert facebookers to Youtube subs. I gained about 5,000 new subs for 2015 using the shortened sub link ;)

I was using the wordpress blogs from around March onwards and now I have my channel set up I'm seeing no point in using them as each video seems to get around 10,000 views in the first 24 hours weather promoted or not.

If you are serious about youtube and want to get somewhere then this is one solid process I recommend you get used to doing each time you release a video. I will be starting a new channel soon and using this strategy to a T.

Also, if you have a decent Instagram following (IF NOT I SUGGEST MAKING ONE), then you can post a screen shot of your thumbnail with a "NEW VIDEO UP! LINK IN BIO" comment and paste the link in your BIO/Profile.... people WILL swap over to youtube to watch!

Enjoy!
Thanks for the info, I'm going to have to check this out after I stream this evening ^.^ because my FB page, get's virtually no traffic, and by virtually no, I mean absolutely no traffic :p

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thanks for the info, I'm going to have to check this out after I stream this evening ^.^ because my FB page, get's virtually no traffic, and by virtually no, I mean absolutely no traffic :p
whats your twitch bro :)

Reactions: Celsus

Python Blue

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Question: does the play-button-thumbnail detail work on blogs other than those hosted by Blogger, Wordpress, and the like? I do have a blog, but it's on my personal website, which was made via Weebly.

EDIT: nevermind; missed the bit about optionally adding a YouTube play button to uploaded thumbnail images.

Lady Oukanna

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This is a different approach to other advice posts, thanks for the different ideas :) I recently got some mojo back and streaming again :D I literally only made a facebook page the other day lol I am not sure what to do with it, to entice people but i will try some of your tips :D

GutPunch Gaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
This sounds like an awesome strategy!

My hope would be to do something like this and gain a following who comment and interact with us regularly. Has that happened with the community you've created this way?