How to stop looking at the view count?

artiflex

Live life and express yourself.
Do you guys experience that too when you uploaded a video that you always want to see if the video got more views already? It looks like an addiction, in the beginning I had it always a lot, now I force myself to not watch at the view count after I promoted it.

Does anyone experience this too? And how do you handle it?

Keep it up, PEACE!

I do it every time I upload a new video. I constantly check it till it gets a hundred views and when it reaches that point, I'm basically at what I consider "The Safe Zone" for my channel. My advice is to set a limit? It works for me so it might work for you if you try it.

I used to stare at the realtime views and eventually I stopped just because it would disappoint me. Nowadays I stare at the view count if something's off. My latest video is my favourite in a long time but the views are very low :cry2: I keep wondering why and keep staring at the views hoping they'll magically appear :rolleyes:

It's always the same for me but whenever I catch myself I try to do something for my next video instead.

That's a good idea, just work on the next thing[DOUBLEPOST=1472471847,1472471652][/DOUBLEPOST]
I used to stare at the realtime views and eventually I stopped just because it would disappoint me. Nowadays I stare at the view count if something's off. My latest video is my favourite in a long time but the views are very low :cry2: I keep wondering why and keep staring at the views hoping they'll magically appear :rolleyes:

Btw I've just seen a few of your videos and I really like them because they give variation, you tell something and then you show some nice shots, it really entertains people, well done.[DOUBLEPOST=1472472527][/DOUBLEPOST]
I do it every time I upload a new video. I constantly check it till it gets a hundred views and when it reaches that point, I'm basically at what I consider "The Safe Zone" for my channel. My advice is to set a limit? It works for me so it might work for you if you try it.

Hmm maybe my limit will be 25.[DOUBLEPOST=1472472576][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw I've found something that works, when I'm constantly hoping to get more view, I set a timer for 10min and after the 10min, I turn off the computer.

Im so bad at this! just dropped a video an hour ago and cant get off the real time screen. Just watching the green blips pop up here and there. Lets just say its not a great start for this video and really is disappointing me with the lack of views, but i cant stop checking the real time count.

Its an addiction, an unhealthy one!

I've kind of made it a point to myself to not check the views from the get go, especially since I've only just started YouTube. I want my channel to be about doing what I enjoy, growing confidence with myself, and gaining skills in things that i'm personally interested in (like editing).

Plus if I never look at them i'm never disappointed, right? :p

I kind of have the same problem. But I only have it when I really really like some video I uploaded and then I want to get as many views as possible.
You know, sometimes you make a video..and you don't even like it yourself THAT MUCH.. and sometimes you just want everyone to see it. ( my last video) haha.
I would suggest making yourself a goal or something and then trying to reach it, after you will reach it you will feel more safe. :)

I've kind of made it a point to myself to not check the views from the get go, especially since I've only just started YouTube. I want my channel to be about doing what I enjoy, growing confidence with myself, and gaining skills in things that i'm personally interested in (like editing).

Plus if I never look at them i'm never disappointed, right? :p

Good mentality!

Btw I've just seen a few of your videos and I really like them because they give variation, you tell something and then you show some nice shots, it really entertains people, well done.
Aw, thank you so much! :redface: I think I'm not alone with the "favourite video gets low views" phenomenon as lots of people in this forum have reported the same thing :D

As for not looking at views, I think it depends how well you can manage your expectations. But does anyone actually have consistently low expectations? Maybe that's not even a good thing as you'd stop trying to improve...?

Back