How to create multi-language channel?

It's Lenka

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
Hey guys! I'd love to create a multi-language channel. I'd upload videos and create subtitles in various languages.

Then I'd love to create a separate playlist for each language, where when people who speak that particular language can watch it and it automatically turns on the subtitles of their language.

Is it possible to set it so that they don't have to go and turn on the subtitles of the language of their choice, but to have it turn on automatically in that given playlist?

Hope this makes sense and you understand what I mean. :D :D

Thank you soooo much in advance for your advice. I've browsed the YouTube Help section and I'm completely clueless, there is no advice on that anywhere, yet I see Youtubers doing it, how do they do it? :D

CrazyPUA

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Reviewer
This is a great idea and I've been thinking about, whenever you find out if there is a way to do it, let me know.

M1ss T3riosa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That would be an awesome feature for YouTube to have, and a very useful one...

chottom

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
If you are big channel (at least a million subs or a million views per day) you may ask the YT engineers to adjust your channels in such a way that it serves different languages or subtitles videos based om your viewers IP addresses. But they do this only for really big channels - I am sorry.

It's Lenka

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
If you are big channel (at least a million subs or a million views per day) you may ask the YT engineers to adjust your channels in such a way that it serves different languages or subtitles videos based om your viewers IP addresses. But they do this only for really big channels - I am sorry.
I see, thank you for letting me know!

Reactions: chottom

It's Lenka

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
One more question, please - is it possible to somehow 'force' having subtitles turned on for videos?

I researched on google help, that I should add &cc_load_policy=1 or &cc_lang_pref=fr&cc_load_policy=1 (for a specific language) in the link of the video, but when we tested it (on multiple computers), it didn't work. Does it only work in embedded videos and not when you just send someone a link? I couldn't find anything about that.