How Long Should an Intro Be?

How Long Should an Intro Be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a clean and simple 4-second intro modeled around the Gameboy Advance startup, with my name & a tagline that relates to the content. No one has complained about it being too long / obtrusive / etc.
I would suggest something like it, too - it's short and to the point, and doesn't have a loud dubstep / lens flare intro that 95% of the time makes me click away when I see it.

Personally, I don't like intros because it's kind of a waste of time (and I'll usually skip them at this point) but if you want to have an intro don't make it super long or else people are without a doubt going to click off your video.
Five seconds or less is probably the right amount, just to keep everyone's attention:happy:

I actually enjoy watching intros that are either cool, funny and very short or different each time I watch a vid, but they tell me a little about what I'm about to watch. I mostly watch beauty and comedy stuff, so maybe its different for gaming channels.

Over 10 seconds loses viewer attention so clearly less then that
preferably even less then 5 seconds as the first 10-30 seconds are what grasps someoens attention if 10-15 if those are already the intro then you've lost your chance there

You could make a transparent intro thats 5-10 seconda long (with transparent i mean your logo and transparent background) and just put it on top of the first few seconds of your video (so your Video is basicly the background)
Thats a good solution for let's players i think because they can talk while the intro goes up.
Perfect for something like: welcome to another episode of.. :)
Just my.opinion tho lol

Reactions: Uri
I have an issue with this myself and I'm trying to cut down to about 20-25 seconds anything longer is no good and I feel people do lose interest and just start skipping around which I don't want.

Back