How long did it take you before you.....

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Wazzzzzzup everyone =) I was just wondering how long before you start seeing comments on your videos???? cause I rarely get any comments :confused: I have videos up and am trying to upload every Monday and Friday and get a few views even a like every now and again but no comments, I guess it's a good thing cause I don't have any hate comments yet lol How long did it take you guys before you started seeing more comments on your videos Thanks =)

Last edited:
Wazzzzzzup everyone =) I was just wondering how long before you start seeing comments on your videos???? cause I rarely get any comments :confused: I have videos up and am trying to upload every Monday and Friday and get a few views even a like every now and again but no comments, I guess it's a good thing cause I don't have any hate comments yet lol How long did it take you guys before you started seeing more comments on your videos Thanks =)
Try uploading more, using social media and such, I upload daily at around 1 Video and 1 livestream just because I love to what i do lol, I'm not high on comments but im seeing more :p

Hmm.. From my analytics it took me around 100+ subscribers to get instant comments for new videos. Before 100+ subscribers, I get between 0 - 4 comments a day. Mostly 0 but it got better now with more subscribers. ^^

I rarely get comments but my advice would be to check out other people their videos (small channels) comment on their videos and really watch their videos and the chances are big they will return the favor!

Last edited:
Good question. I started getting some comments after my first few videos but I don't get many. Recently I started asking viewers to comment on their thoughts about each video.

There's things you can do as part of your content such asking questions and trying to deliberately create discussion. You could make content that you know will provoke a response by discussing something controversial or doing something different. It can be hard getting comments to begin with but be sure to engage with those who do comment when they do.

I'm not sure, the only people commenting when i started were the DeviantART watchers that followed me there way back in 06. So i can only suggest trying to bring an audience from one of your other sites, or social media pages :)

I'd say that it's less about making daily constant videos, but it's more about making relatable content and establishing friendships with other YouTubers that are your size. I used to not ever get any comments either, but then I stopped making daily videos and just focused my energy on making more likable and funnier content every other day, and now I get comments on most of my videos. Also, make a few YouTuber friends on this site, it should really help you out in finding what makes people laugh and spreading your name around for more people to find your channel, and in turn, if they like your videos, they will comment.

Good question. I started getting some comments after my first few videos but I don't get many. Recently I started asking viewers to comment on their thoughts about each video.
I do that in some of my videos but later i feel dumb cause still no comments and barely any views lolz[DOUBLEPOST=1443903178,1443902873][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm not sure, the only people commenting when i started were the DeviantART watchers that followed me there way back in 06. So i can only suggest trying to bring an audience from one of your other sites, or social media pages :)
but i have no friends Ha! =( they prob think i am spamming, do ya think it's hard to gain a following when most of my videos will be vlogs? I have seen a lot of youtubers gain a following first than make a vlog channel but i like my channel and want just to focus on one

Back