How Keemstar's Tweet about me brought a lot of hate my way...

If you think this is bad, try playing on the really popular Minecraft minigame servers. The chat is often more toxic than Chernobyl. I see this kind of stuff all the time there.
I joined here nearly 2 years ago. I don't post that often. I tend to read more. I learned a lot here. This forum use to be about helping and encouraging. Now all I read is people whining about why they can't have all the subs they want. Why people won't just give them stuff. My family and I nearly went homeless in the latest oil field crash here in Colorado. I put in 60 hours a week and put out videos as much as I can. Lost 6 subs just today, and I still can't bring myself to whine about all this nonsense. This forum needs to be cleaned up man. It's bad lately.

I joined here nearly 2 years ago. I don't post that often. I tend to read more. I learned a lot here. This forum use to be about helping and encouraging. Now all I read is people whining about why they can't have all the subs they want. Why people won't just give them stuff. My family and I nearly went homeless in the latest oil field crash here in Colorado. I put in 60 hours a week and put out videos as much as I can. Lost 6 subs just today, and I still can't bring myself to whine about all this nonsense. This forum needs to be cleaned up man. It's bad lately.

That's why I'm here. I'm sorry to hear about that, sir. As bad as your situation is, you're gracious about it and you actually try to do something about it. I lost four jobs before the first paycheck was due, and I'm currently unemployed, so I feel you there as well. The best remedy for a bad day is a good attitude.

Bro f*ck keemstar. He is scum. IK it is affecting your channel, but idk what you can really do about it... Just keep doing your stuff.

This has gone on four 4 pages now.

I'm actually pretty impressed. Is this how things are on YTT nowadays because if thays so I might come back.

I'm sorry this happened. I know it must suck.

And no offense to you at all, but after reading your first post, I really, really want to tweet Keemstar and say, "Could you DM me? I need a new car and my mom can't afford it due to a laptop crash she was in making her not able to work," but I won't do it if it would upset you or it would make things worse for you.

Last edited:
So, I was needing a new laptop and you all may know of a YouTuber known as a Keemstar of DramaAlert who sometimes gives away items to his fans upon their request. Well, I don't hate Keem, in fact; I actually somewhat enjoy his content and find it entertaining. So I figured, why not ask Keem for something I need which in this scenario is a little laptop as mine's breaking down and I use it mainly for YouTube, Graphic Design, etc

I'm a minor so I can't really work at any local stores due to my age and I'm honestly not able to ask relatives because my mother's out of work due to a car crash she was involved in. So I felt I'd go to someone who has shown somewhat he is giving and willing to help others occasionally, that person being Daniel Keem. Once I tweeted at him the first time I figured he wouldn't see above thousands of messages he must get so I sent him the same message two more times on different posts to hopefully catch his attention. If he didn't see it after then surely I'd give up as maybe he's busy, can't do it or something else. Well, he did see it and publicly tweeted it out to his followers about it.

screenshot_twitter_com_2016_08_04_11_49_41.png

This one message caused me to get absolutely flooded with messages from his fans ranging from "Get a job" to some more hateful things like calling my tweets purely autistic. (Granted, I can take a joke but I actually am a high-functioning person with Autism; particularly Asperger's Syndrome. It doesn't bother me, but it's uncalled for especially just for me asking a YouTuber something.)

screenshot_twitter_com_2016_08_04_11_54_11.png

My notifications were ringing off and off all day yesterday after Keemstar publicly put out this tweet about me asking this of him and it even went as far to the point where people dislike bombed my update video which I have now since removed. Some people defended me and I commend them for it, but the overwhelming majority insulted, mocked and hated on me for me simply asking a YouTuber I enjoy and follow to help me out in a time of need.

To be honest, I've lost some respect for Keemstar. He could have messaged me privately, replied to me, done anything else besides re-post my messages with a simply put message saying "Get a job". It's not that simple Keem, it never is. I'm underage and even if I was of consenting age for work I wouldn't be able to work on the snap of my fingers regardless.

I always look for the good in people, I'm always fair so perhaps Keemstar didn't know that he was going to have this impact but he certainly did have it and he must read his tweets as he was tagged in each, and every single one of the message sent my way. I'm sharing this story with you guys because it affected me greatly as I suffer from a multitude of things; that includes Anxiety and Depression which was diagnosed upon me at age twelve. I panicked when I saw he tweeted me out like this and got a little sad to see the hate strung my way, but I stayed strong as even then there was some people backing me and that gave me a slimmer of hope.

If you want to share this to help spread the message that doing this is wrong and you shouldn't address someone negatively to so many people in your fan-base considering doing this to someone as small as I am as it would only result in pure, unfiltered aggression sent my way.

Thanks everyone, have a wonderful day.

~ Keniisu

I didn't know you were underage. I've seen you here a while and you talk like you have a brain so I thought you were at least 20! He could have just said nothing. But even for what he did, his followers did you wrong. I hope you do end up getting a new computer though

I am sorry this is happening to you man. Keemstar needs to get off Youtube and Twitter. I don't like his channel ever

Even though I agree with everyone's general consensus that Keemstar's a complete *******, I also think you shouldn't have been begging for stuff man. That's like internet 101, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe your intentions wasn't to come off like this but if anybody sees that tweet without hearing your story, I think they'd flame on you too. Just remember the kind of people that surrounds Keemstar and watches him, I mean the dude's channel name is DRAMAlert for christ sakes. But there might be a silver lining to this, they say that there's no such thing as bad publicity, so maybe some of those guys that were gonna flame on you will stumble on your channel and twitter and think you're a great guy! So just keep your chin up buddy, don't let the haters get you down.

Back