How important is upload consitency?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm wondering how important is consistency when uploading videos, as in, if I upload on Mondays, should I try to always upload on Mondays? I know some channels say "new videos on Wednesdays" and things like that, is it necessary to always upload on the same date and are there any benefits to doing so?

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It is the singular point that every big YouTube creator and the company itself have hammered home. Consistency is one of the main things that brings people back to your channel, and it's the one thing that creators seem to struggle with the most.

Just on a personal note, I don't deviate from my schedule at all, and since I started doing that, I've seen a steady climb in views and subscribers ever since. I know larger channels with much lower view counts because they post sporadically.

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

DigiBox

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Pretty darn important!

If you make the same schedule every time people will get excited to return and see that new video when it launches.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
A couple types of videos I make are uploaded on a schedule. One being on Friday and the other on Wednesday. Since I've been keeping to that schedule my following has grown quite a bit. Of course other time consuming projects are uploaded in between but they aren't on any kind of schedule since I can't guarantee them every week. But that's just something the subscribers get to look forward to when they are uploaded.

Overall being consistent is important. If you can make a schedule then do your best to keep to it as best you can. Your subscribers as well as the new ones will enjoy that the most and keep coming back that way. =]

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I hope you get the point that consistency is key! Just look at me though, I don´t upload consistently and I have stagnated in both views and Subscribers, I do even lose subscribers! I don´t upload consistently because I come up with ideas on the spot!

Oscar J Stones

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Cartoonist, Animator, Other
Just to go for a different angle than everyone else (may be irrelevant) but I certainly find trying to keep a consistent upload day keeps me focussed and helps motivate me to work on videos (because I don't have time to put it off).