How do you come up with your video ideas?

Reaction score
I am aiming to make videos about world history. To pici ideas, I look at a world map on my wall and think of historical figures and events associated with it. For example I look at a map of Turkey and I think of Byzantium, the Ottoman Empire, World War 1 battles of Gallipoli etc. Then I plan videos based on those themes.

Skywalker-wv

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Comedian, Gamer
Usually I just rewatch what I have already untill Some new ideas come to mind never be afraid to try something new you could shock yourself!!

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
What do u guys do to come up with ideas? what stages do you pass through? how long? E.T.C...

For me Most of my ideas come from when i am sleeping and when im watching other vids. I Write them up in a word document and when i need ideas i just look through it and pick out the ones i need/want.

sometimes ill just think of a title and try to base the video around that. Sometimes when I am out riding on the trail I think of a good video title and I am like ohhh let me write that down before I forget lol..other times its just the places I explore

CarlosDominguez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
sometimes ill just think of a title and try to base the video around that. Sometimes when I am out riding on the trail I think of a good video title and I am like ohhh let me write that down before I forget lol..other times its just the places I explore
Okay that is cool for me Ill make the video of what I am doing then I make the thumbnail similar to the title and video.

Bland Mark

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
All my videos are scripted (if good adlib happens then that is of course a great bonus). But because I write and rewrite sketches I am not regular with my output. This has its obvious downsides. My plan for the new year is to take some time off YT simply for writing and filming. Then when I have a back catalogue I will post at a regular time every week.

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
The popular of videos that you generate should stand out and excite you (as well as your intended audience). They need to be original, creative, interesting, thought-provoking, entertaining, and/or informative, and, at the same time, consider the very best way to present that content.

Slentay

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Ranter, Gamer, Reviewer
I have these "lighbulb moments" as I call them and I get this drive to make a certain video or write a base script for a video I have been thinking about doing. This happened with my Dreams video where I was playing Catherine and thought that NIGHTS and Catherine have something in common and they are both games I would like to talk about so I decided to make a video including both in a logical way.

OpiumSymposium

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Comedian
I have planned and written a script for enough videos to last me a decade but since I actually started doing YouTube two weeks ago every once in a while i find myself coming up with new ideas intuitively.

Marc978

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me it depends on the content I'm making.

If I'm making a fictional drama story I think about the story I want to tell. I take notes on my phone of interesting things I see or hear about throughout the day that I think can contribute to the story.

I'll then sit at my computer review the notes on my phone and write a short description of the general story I'm looking to tell. After that I write up a script and dialogue that the characters in my story will say. By then I'm usually on a role writing my script and know the direction I want to go in. If not I take a break (sometimes even sleep on it,) review what I've got and make the necessary changes.

If I'm doing a review of something like a product, video or TV show I basically know what I want to cover and write out a dialog script of what to say in the video.