Help me out with my channel content/niche!

shauna

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
sorry this is really long but i need some advice lol

So I have been making covers for about 5 years now and I no longer want to do as many covers anymore as I dont want to be known as a cover artist.

I know its good to have a niche channel but if im not uploading covers every week I cant exactly write a new original song every week and then i will only end up posting about 4 times a month and I feel like the channel will just not grow as its good to upload every single week at least twice a week.

So I was thinking of uploading other videos and id like some feedback on this if this is a good idea:

- 3 - 4 vlogs a month/behind the scenes of how i make music
- an acapella type series each month
- Uploading original music every once in a while (got an EP coming out also!)
- Livestreams of playing my music
- each month make a creative current favourite playlist of my fav songs video
- collabing on an original song with someone (although unlikely to happen every month)
- creating my own original lyrics from well know melodies/songs and movie scores ( im not sure if that sounds crazy or is a good idea but id like some feedback lol)
- I REALLY enjoy making short films/visual stuff and have like 15 that i made on my laptop and never uploaded but I feel like thats branching too far off from my content?
- then ill do one cover song a month
- and if i grow a bit more then maybe do some Q&A's every other month.

So many successful channels have one niche and thats whats been throwing me off, cover songs do very well but i hate doing them now, I just feel like my channel is going nowhere.

Although Ive really been enjoying this channel a lot lately 'just type in Conan Gray' he makes vlogs, covers, original music and other types of videos and gets great views and hes not sticking to just one type of video, so maybe its possible to make other videos and do well?

So anyway do you think i should create 'different' types of videos, ill still stick to the main theme being music and try to incorporate it into every video but I would like some feedback because im stuck on what to do and I really want my channel to grow, I have invested in some great equipment and editing software and really want to go hard each week with my videos making them high quality and enjoyable to watch so any feedback would be great :)

imJasonleo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I find the only people that search for covers are those that are either interested in covering the song themselves, or want to see different versions of the song. If you are fairly knowledgeable about music, try doing tutorials for things people might want to search. You've already been covering songs so I reckon you'd be good at breaking down the various sections of a song.

Vlogs are also really cool if you want to show the behind the scenes of your content, or better if you do gigs as a musician, it would be interesting to see those videos.

You don't have to do EXCLUSIVELY tutorials, mix them in with your other videos to initially draw in an audience. Keep on grinding, you got this! :)

Md Sk Johnny

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It really different idea you and hope audience love this entertainment.