Hello! I've just started my channel and would love any feedback!

Lightning Johnson

Reaction score
Hey guys! I posted my first video today on my channel, Lightning Johnson. The video is an unedited recording of my stream of No Man's Sky, titled "No Man's Thighs". I would love any criticism or instruction on how to improve my videos, channel, branding, etc. Anything helps! Let me know what you think. Thank you all so much!

HumbleZeus

Leader of the Humblers, Thunder God, Pizza Lover
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Looking at your channel you are going to need to get yourself a proper banner and logo as soon as possible, since you just started its not your most glaring problem since you won't have many watchers for a little bit so you have time to get this corrected but the sooner you can the better.

Making some thumbnails for your videos wouldn't be bad for your channel either, I know you are more focused on streaming but some nice well made thumbnails could get you a few more clicks on a video especially considering that they are longer videos and people have a tendency to avoid long videos from creators they are not already fans of.

One thing I noticed right off the bat in your videos is that your commentary volume is really low the game volume is fine but I struggled to hear you most of the time while watching so increasing your voice audio would be a step in the right direction and make the whole thing more engaging.

Just some small points based off your channel as it is now and the two videos you have up, best of luck buddy!

Lightning Johnson

Reaction score
Thank you so much Zeus! I really appreciate it and I'll keep all of your advice in mind. The audio should be an easy fix for me. I'll see if I can fix it after I post this. As for the banners and thumbnails, i don't have a clue how to create them. But I'll just go online and find a Photoshop tutorial or some program similar. Is there any program that you would recommend I use? Thank you so much for your feedback. It probably sounds dumb but I'm just excited that at least two people who aren't me have watched my videos now.

HumbleZeus

Leader of the Humblers, Thunder God, Pizza Lover
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you so much Zeus! I really appreciate it and I'll keep all of your advice in mind. The audio should be an easy fix for me. I'll see if I can fix it after I post this. As for the banners and thumbnails, i don't have a clue how to create them. But I'll just go online and find a Photoshop tutorial or some program similar. Is there any program that you would recommend I use? Thank you so much for your feedback. It probably sounds dumb but I'm just excited that at least two people who aren't me have watched my videos now.
Happy to help mate :) as for the banners and thumbnails a good program that's free is GIMP its the same program I use for all of mine (its pretty much discount Photoshop). Its not dumb in any way is always feels good to know other people are watching your stuff haha.

KSKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
It looks same to me.You need a proper banner and logo and it has problem with the volume.Rest of the things looks fine to me.

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Audio way tooooo low and it's kinda boring to me TBH but it is a stream so not sure how to compare that to an actual YT Video.

Spolt

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally, what draws me to clicking a video is the tittle and/or the thumbnail, maybe invest into something like Photoshop and making top quality thumbnails. Additionally, you should speak louder into your mic or bring it closer to your mouth. Gameplay wise, you have pretty good FPS.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Lmaooooo no man's thighs definitely gonna check it out