Getting Top Comment On a Popular Video

Hazzador

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not sure if it will gain you more subs, but im pretty sure you would of had a few people click on ur channel because of the top comment. Leaving comments like this are more effective than 'check out my channel guys' that's for sure lol

Reactions: Lightsen

crackbot72

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Not sure if it will gain you more subs, but im pretty sure you would of had a few people click on ur channel because of the top comment. Leaving comments like this are more effective than 'check out my channel guys' that's for sure lol
Yeah, I think I got some extra views on my channel and videos but yeah, other than that most of the people probably saw the comment, laughed and then moved on.

clerick

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
I always get top comment because i have a checkmark next to my name, so people seem to be obliged to reply to those first because those youtubers are "big". I don't personally think i am but i do enjoy having the power of being able to like/comment a video and sending people to it that normally would never check out the video or the video would have a few views. Some people did offer me money to like their videos but i don't like that.

crackbot72

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I always get top comment because i have a checkmark next to my name, so people seem to be obliged to reply to those first because those youtubers are "big". I don't personally think i am but i do enjoy having the power of being able to like/comment a video and sending people to it that normally would never check out the video or the video would have a few views. Some people did offer me money to like their videos but i don't like that.
Yeah, it seems that more well known YouTubers get automatic likes for just commenting. But yeah, that can be good for the community by sending other people to other people's vids and growing othere channels along wits yours. And also I feel that if people want to pay you to get their channel featured, they might be a little desperate.

ellelletalk

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Ranter
I've had some decently well-performing comments before. I definitely think that it's driven traffic to my channel. Not like.. thousands of people, but a couple.

:)

Reactions: crackbot72

TheScarletBlaze

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Iv'e had a few roughly 4 or 5 to my memory each with a few hundred likes each odd thing is the stuff i say on the high liked comments are less funny jokes than other comments eh

crackbot72

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Iv'e had a few roughly 4 or 5 to my memory each with a few hundred likes each odd thing is the stuff i say on the high liked comments are less funny jokes than other comments eh
Yeah I hate it when you post what you think a funny comment and it gets no likes, but then you just kind of throw a comment out there and it gets a lot of likes... and it leaves you thinking, "why do I even try at this"

ChrisLegend

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it definitely helps in terms of channel traffic and publicity, anything is better than nothing when it comes to us smaller channels haha. I've also found that it helps with subscribers as well if you get top comment on a video that is in the similar genre as your own content because then people click on through your channel page and see things they are interested in!

WeKanGame

Superman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I can't say I have gotten top comment, but I would say it helps you. I think it's all based on the comment too. If I see a well thought out and insightful comment, I am more likely to check that person out, then if I see a "Can I get 50 likes" comment.