Gaming channel video ideas

TheGamer

Reaction score
I want to start out, but I don't know what type of video I should start out with that people will like
Any ideas
I.e Type of Content or Length of videos

Last edited:

Cookey

Reaction score
You could just do let's plays or review games
Really depends what YOU want to do.

You could also pick one game and stick to that like just upload LoL games and later try and branch out.

Dice Rollen

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Like Cookey said, it depends on what you want to do. It's better to focus on what makes you happy rather than what's popular. Let's plays are always a good starting point that you can continue with. You can kind of add your opinions on the game you're playing into those kinds of videos too. Another good kind of video you can do is highlights, like if you play a long game or a multiplayer game you can record a long session(s) of that & take the funniest or scariest or whatever clips from that.

I tend to make a highlight video after playing a long game & a couple shorter games with the scariest & funniest moments from those.

A good time to try to stick to is about 15-20 minutes. Unless the game is a long one, then you could get away with making each part longer that way you're not uploading part 50 & losing the viewers' interest.
Multiplayer games seem to continually be pretty popular. Stuff like GTA5, Gmod, etc.

Fran's Corner

Reaction score
Website
franscornerblog.com
Channel Type
Gamer, Reviewer
Like Cookey said, it depends on what you want to do. It's better to focus on what makes you happy rather than what's popular. Let's plays are always a good starting point that you can continue with. You can kind of add your opinions on the game you're playing into those kinds of videos too. Another good kind of video you can do is highlights, like if you play a long game or a multiplayer game you can record a long session(s) of that & take the funniest or scariest or whatever clips from that.

I tend to make a highlight video after playing a long game & a couple shorter games with the scariest & funniest moments from those.

A good time to try to stick to is about 15-20 minutes. Unless the game is a long one, then you could get away with making each part longer that way you're not uploading part 50 & losing the viewers' interest.
Multiplayer games seem to continually be pretty popular. Stuff like GTA5, Gmod, etc.
I completely agree with you! The main content for my upcoming gaming channel will be Let's Plays of The Sims 4 and visual novels (which are becoming pretty popular, I've noticed), but that doesn't mean I won't play other games or do other things as well.

Like Dice Rollen said, 15-20 minutes seems to be the general way to go, however, I believe that you should go with what you think it's best for your channel, as I think it's the main point. :)