Filmmaker/Vlogger Need Feedback! Are My Vids Good Enough?!

Sven Vee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey everyone!

I would love some feedback on my channel, so I can get an honest couple of tips about what might need improvement. This is both for the content I put out there, as for the more aesthetic aspects of my channel. If you have any tips, they are very very welcome! ^^

Sven

Last edited by a moderator:

wildlyboring

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I effing LOVE the few videos I watched. I subscribed and I feel inspired to up my game, Sven. Well played!

TheMileHighFiveClub

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
You're short films are pretty great, even the vlogs were really well done, and i don'y usually enjoy vlogs. Nice work

ImJustJoshinYa

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
god dam i wish i was as talented as that! Keep it up!!

chill_bro_videos

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey everyone!

I would love some feedback on my channel, so I can get an honest couple of tips about what might need improvement. This is both for the content I put out there, as for the more aesthetic aspects of my channel. If you have any tips, they are very very welcome! ^^

Sven
Good, Sven. You're talented. I think for you, the biggest challenge you're going to have is differentiating yourself from other vloggers and some of the other 'filmmaker' style artists, since this is a popular genre. You need to think about white space: What other vloggers/filmakers are not doing and that you can do to make yourself standout.

I'm not familiar with the D550 and what lense you're using, but just keep in mind that these more aesthetic videos, like your skiing/snowboarding adventure, can really blow away your audience if you have the right setup. What I'm trying to say is, later down the line, get an awesome setup, and you can truly thrill your audience even more.

Always keep learning from other filmmakers as well. Ask yourself what you liked about another filmmaker's shot selection, and what you did not like. More importantly, ask yourself why you liked particular shots, and why you did not like other particular shots.

Cheers.

Reactions: Sven Vee

Sven Vee

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Good, Sven. You're talented. I think for you, the biggest challenge you're going to have is differentiating yourself from other vloggers and some of the other 'filmmaker' style artists, since this is a popular genre. You need to think about white space: What other vloggers/filmakers are not doing and that you can do to make yourself standout.

I'm not familiar with the D550 and what lense you're using, but just keep in mind that these more aesthetic videos, like your skiing/snowboarding adventure, can really blow away your audience if you have the right setup. What I'm trying to say is, later down the line, get an awesome setup, and you can truly thrill your audience even more.

Always keep learning from other filmmakers as well. Ask yourself what you liked about another filmmaker's shot selection, and what you did not like. More importantly, ask yourself why you liked particular shots, and why you did not like other particular shots.

Cheers.
Really great feedback and I really appreciate this! I'm definitely going to upgrade my gear in the future, and I'm working on making my stuff more unique. It's however, a gradual process and I'm learning new stuff pretty much every day about filmmaking.
Thanks for the confidence![DOUBLEPOST=1485028573,1485028553][/DOUBLEPOST]And thanks you for the nice comments, that's really appreciated!