Facebook And Twitter Advice

WilBajamas

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey there, I know most of you Youtubers out there already know that social media play a big role in promoting your channel or videos. But what I don't know is that, how to use Facebook and Twitter effectively? Most of the tips I've seen keep on saying to engage with others on social media but how do you do it exactly????
If anyone of you have any time to reply to this thread, please do...
I hope to help others having this problems as well...
Perhaps a step-by-step tutorial or any tips we need to take note of etc...

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I don't know if this is seen as the correct way to do things but this is what I do.

1. Make a Twitter account, make it interesting and professional.
2. Choose an account similar to yours and follow 1000 of their followers. Professionals call this "direct marketing".
3. Start writing interesting tweets in relation to your content. For example we're a music channel so I wrote "Whats the best kind of music? The free kind, here's some!" and left a bitly link. Tweet a maximum of 5 times a day, in order to keep your numbers up but not annoy people. Unless it's also your personal account in which case, only 5 times for your videos otherwise you'll be seen as spamming. Try hit a ration of about 10 normal tweets to 1 linked.
4. After 4 days un-follow everyone who didn't follow back and start again.

Some people will say its spamming but it's how every single start up business on Twitter starts. You locate your market and try to push yourself in-front of them. 90% of traffic from external sites comes from Twitter for me, using this to find them.

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Hey there, I know most of you Youtubers out there already know that social media play a big role in promoting your channel or videos. But what I don't know is that, how to use Facebook and Twitter effectively? Most of the tips I've seen keep on saying to engage with others on social media but how do you do it exactly????
If anyone of you have any time to reply to this thread, please do...
I hope to help others having this problems as well...
Perhaps a step-by-step tutorial or any tips we need to take note of etc...
Find popular pages that share content similar to yours and see if there's a way to contact them. Sometimes you get lucky and a really popular page will actually read your PMs and even share your content. When you find a page like this, the key is to not spam them and make sure you know they will like your content, otherwise they'll start to ignore you or block you. I have more consistent success with Facebook, but my all time favorite spike was from one strategic Tweet. I keep these view spikes like trophies lol! Crazy how a simple message resulted in this, before that I had no success at all with Twitter so I was really surprised. You just need to get creative...

One thing I have done lately is I created an Excel spreadsheet with every contact I try and whether or not they shared or anything good came out of it. This is good for future reference.
shared.jpg views.jpg