Engaging your audience/interactive viewers?

booitscaitlin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
A little context: So I've recently hit 1,000 subscribers but I have basically no interaction with my viewers. I haven't uploaded in quite a while because I have no motivation at the moment as I just want to connect with my audience (plus just in a bit of an ideas rut) and because that doesn't happen it isn't exactly making me excited to film. I do know my absence from uploading would definitely have an effect on the audience engaging with me!
But even when I was uploading quite regularly awhile ago, I barely had any engagement! I don't think I've ever seen the same commenter twice (and I rarely get comments anyway).
I'm planning on being absent from youtube a little bit longer so I have some time to bank up some videos so if I get in a rut again I have prerecorded stuff (rather than come back right now while I'm still in a bit of a rut and upload sort of sporadically). So I'd love some tips on what I can do in my videos to really make my audience want to engage with me.

TLDR: How do you engage with your audience and make then want to be active and interact with you?

Reactions: Marcello Riviera

GrgakGames

Phoenix Games Enthusiast (Please end my life)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I usually just talk to them how I would talk to anyone. Being formal is lame

t_key

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't understand what's the problem here. You have a comment in every video. I have loads of videos without comments. :D Just relax, you like posting videos or not? If you like, don't worry. If you don't like... What the heck are u doing then? :D

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Give them a ring and propose? :)

*cough*

combeferret

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The problem I have is that I'll post the link to a video on Twitter, and all my friends will reply and comment on Twitter about it, but no one then actually does it on YouTube. Still better than nothing, but I'd rather the engagement on the actual video page, y'know?

booitscaitlin

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't understand what's the problem here. You have a comment in every video. I have loads of videos without comments. :D Just relax, you like posting videos or not? If you like, don't worry. If you don't like... What the heck are u doing then? :D
I do like posting videos! I'm just a bit uninspired and in a rut when it comes to ideas, plus a few personal issues. And yeah I know I'm lucky to get at least one comment on every video (a fair few are just my real life friends though). Its more about building a relationship with my viewers and seeing a few regular faces, and having them actually respond to the things I ask in the video (not always but I often say "let me know ___" or "what was your favourite thing/part") and tell me what they want to see!

The problem I have is that I'll post the link to a video on Twitter, and all my friends will reply and comment on Twitter about it, but no one then actually does it on YouTube. Still better than nothing, but I'd rather the engagement on the actual video page, y'know?
Yes girl I feel you!! I'd love some more engagement in the actual video comments

iMSaiyan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Ask them questions, like what do you guys think? Has anyone of this ever happened to you? Etc?

Mick

Make Life Fabulous
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If many of your subscribers are youtubers, you should engage with their content(like+share+subscribe+comment), to encourage them to engage with your channel. I always support my subscribers channels and in return their support mine.

Reactions: Vex530