Does " Luck " has anything to do with making a channel successful?

WilBajamas

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been on many forums such as these.
And I've come across many people / small channels saying that Big Youtubers get Famous through " Luck ".
The L word that many people think it's a necessity for an individual to succeed in life or on Youtube....
Is it true?
Please feel free to leave comments or answers here...
Peace ^^

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I believe it is LUCK, because one of my VLOG videos (which I was not even expecting to get views), that video crossed 1000 views, so I believe its some kind of luck through YouTube :)

WilBajamas

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe it is LUCK, because one of my VLOG videos (which I was not even expecting to get views), that video crossed 1000 views, so I believe its some kind of luck through YouTube :)
But don't you think there's something more than luck?
Maybe SEO or some other things?

Reactions: Jawad Soomro

Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
But don't you think there's something more than luck?
Maybe SEO or some other things?
I believe it is SEO, but I have never tried it, I have researched on it but I never understood how it works, and somehow I got so many views within a day! So it was luck by chance in my situation :)

PinProject

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Luck could be choosing the right topic and right SEO at the perfect time without over planning for this video to be amazing. But at the end of the day it's your content that stands out to people and makes them want to continue to watch or even share it with their friends.

WilBajamas

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Luck could be choosing the right topic and right SEO at the perfect time without over planning for this video to be amazing. But at the end of the day it's your content that stands out to people and makes them want to continue to watch or even share it with their friends.
Yup, but there's a line between Growing a channel and Kickstarting a channel...
Of course you need your skills or some people call it " Niche " in order to gain and grow your sub count.
But to me, Kickstarting a channel is a different thing. You can't use your niche when nobody is around to even see it.
Maybe luck or SEO is the key to it?

Cabbage Hunters

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Luck certainly plays a part. I mean, you can't predict a video will go viral.

But all the major youtubers - they didn't get there purely on luck. Being a youtube success takes a lot of hard work and a little bit of luck to keep getting you to the next platform.

wasabiroots

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Maybe luck or SEO is the key to it?
I think its both + strategy. You can grow your channel with both SEO and strategy but luck just makes things easier.

Like there was a channel that got to more than 100k subs in less than 6 months without him knowing exactly what he did. While others needed years to achieve the same thing.

So what I think is, strategy or no strategy, when it goes boom its your lucky day. ^^

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe so, it's not purely luck but luck definitely has a factor.
Being in the right place at the right time, having the right people notice your channel for the right reasons, owning the video that people go to first over others can be helped with strategy etc but even with the best strategy in the world it might not work out as expected.

Reactions: markkaz

V3XL0R

Personifying Music Since 1994
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician, Animator
Luck definitely play a role in this. I also believe that SEO, spamming, and/or botting has played roles in this. I don't agree with botting, but I do know that Philip Defranco (haven't heard that name in a while lol) got a lot of his success from botting. Luck is derived from karma and mother nature, so it can get unnoticed at times. But yeah, a lot of their success has to deal with who they know and how often they get recommended to others.