Does " Luck " has anything to do with making a channel successful?

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've been on many forums such as these.
And I've come across many people / small channels saying that Big Youtubers get Famous through " Luck ".
The L word that many people think it's a necessity for an individual to succeed in life or on Youtube....
Is it true?
Please feel free to leave comments or answers here...
Peace ^^
There are so many factors that can contribute to a video's success. A combination of a lot of factors that makes a video go viral is rare, so I wouldn't exactly call it luck but rather patience and determination until you get that one video. It isn't a case of if, but rather when. If you keep on creating high quality, entertaining content it is only a matter of time before that golden video goes viral.
For example, I put up a tutorial on my gaming channel. It went viral. Before that video I had been grinding away on YouTube for about two years without much in return (in the way of subs or views).
I considered giving up. We all do.
But YouTube and video production is my passion, I stuck with it and managed to make a mild success of it.

Reactions: WilBajamas

WilBajamas

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are so many factors that can contribute to a video's success. A combination of a lot of factors that makes a video go viral is rare, so I wouldn't exactly call it luck but rather patience and determination until you get that one video. It isn't a case of if, but rather when. If you keep on creating high quality, entertaining content it is only a matter of time before that golden video goes viral.
For example, I put up a tutorial on my gaming channel. It went viral. Before that video I had been grinding away on YouTube for about two years without much in return (in the way of subs or views).
I considered giving up. We all do.
But YouTube and video production is my passion, I stuck with it and managed to make a mild success of it.
Well yeah, it takes determination and hard work to get somewhere, thanks for replying man.

Reactions: iGM