Do you record alone or with a friend?

Linkopotamus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hi all, just a little curious about something here. I run a pretty new gaming channel with a friend. It was an odd situation that led us to beginning this together.. I wanted to do it with someone entirely different but they flaked out on me for a month straight and I got fed up with it. I then decided to try recording by myself, but oh lord was that a trainwreck. I kind of started losing hope, until I randomly hung out with an acquaintance out of the blue and they decided they'd try it out with me.

Immediately with another person, I relax and it comes much more naturally and easy to me. So I was just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience, or does rolling solo just come naturally to you instead. For some more context, I'm actually someone who generally prefers solitude and doing things alone so this seems sort of counter intuitive to me.

Ero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
I tend to do miles better with some to work with whenever I'm doing any sort of improve style content like live streaming so I understand the feeling of just having better energy and flow with others around, but when I can write out the show, working solo is where I can be the most zen and creative.

Linkopotamus

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
That is a fantastic point you made.. Now I'm wondering if I put some planning and focus into it, would I be able to record some videos solo.. Not at all to remove my partner from the equation, but simply because I know I'm more comfortable alone and I want to be able to challenge myself to do it.

Reactions: Ero

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the strategy / technique forum. :)

Ero

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
That is a fantastic point you made.. Now I'm wondering if I put some planning and focus into it, would I be able to record some videos solo.. Not at all to remove my partner from the equation, but simply because I know I'm more comfortable alone and I want to be able to challenge myself to do it.
Yeah it's always a good thing to try out new forms and creation no matter the subject or content.

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Try doing some collabs? I personally record myself but if I am doing a vlog and I am hanging out with my roommate, she never minds being in it. I am a personal trainer, so a lot of my videos I do myself like workouts and recipes.

Aviion Music

Reaction score
In my experience its good to work with others, but you should not rely on them for quality content. You need to be able to produce a product by yourself at the same caliber you could with someone else.

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just a few of my favorite people in the whole world, my family!