Content Creation: Be Authentic and READ THIS!!

Did you find this post helpful?

• Yes! Brilliant!

Votes: 86 84.3%
  • No! What utter crap!

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Far too long mate! Cut it down!

Votes: 13 12.7%

• Total voters

KhrispyK

Reaction score
I like the points that you brought up on this! Hey, so I took the risk and decided not to script a recent video of mine. I basically shared a story that I am currently undergoing through right now. May you please be a judge and tell me how this risk came out to be? The short film is called Mask and my youtube name is KhrispyK. I plan on writing scripts to keep it more professional, but sometimes one doesn't need to write it out if what one produces is authentic and comes from the heart right?

Reactions: Christopher Powell

MyLifeMyWorld

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Great post and a good read, I have taken some time away from youtube and just about to get back into it as I am more ready now and your post has helped me look at things in a new way, so thanks :)

Science Scenes

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Very good post. Like most of the posts I have been seeing on YTalk, when you think about it these ideas should be common sense. They are so simple. They have been proven to work. However, the skills take work to master. And it is good to be reminded of the "common sense" when you're blinded by enthusiasm. It will save so much headaches later on.

I have been scripting basic outlines, and then trying to wing it. I find the more I write the easier winging it becomes. Even if I stray from my script a little bit it puts me at ease in front of the camera knowing that I have thought it out. It also saves editing time... and lessens the number of needed jump cuts.

Reactions: Barbellbunny

Mishamy

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This is awesome! I agree that people need to embrace who they truly are and express that in their channels. People notice when you´re being fake or do stuff that you really don´t enjoy.

DoodleNet

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator

ThisEvilBunny

Reaction score
I agree. I write all my video ideas on plain paper and put it in a folder and refer back. I took a two week break from creating videos to really come up with a plan. Not just a video plan but a marketing, content, direction plan. I mean, where are you going? Where is this channel going? What are you trying to achieve are good places to start.

Reaction score
This post was excellent. And exactly what I needed at this moment, as I'm just preparing to get back into more creative content. Thank you!

Bri Johnson

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Great post. I've been having problems planning my videos and then when I do get them fully planned I forget some small detail or something, and it's very irritating because that small detail can make a big difference. What would you suggest I do to make this happen less often or not at all?? Any help would be much appreciated :)