Best time or day to upload

Josh100LuBu

Super Poster
Many YouTubers I watch speak of uploading videos at a certain time of the day or at a weekend, do you tend to create an upload schedule for yourself or are you a spontaneous uploader?

I try for 4 times a week, on tuesdays, thursdays and the weekend mainly going for later in the evening so americans have a higher chance of seeing it but I only choose those days so it spreads out my uploads.

Still trying to figure out the best day. Used to upload on Sundays but for some reason that seemed to be the worst for us or just doing it whenever seems right. Sometimes I think luck can play a big role when your small

I think the majority of the time I try to upload my videos around 4pm, because I think people mainly work 9-5 (such a generalisation I know but hey ho...) So if I upload at 4pm it'll still be at the top of their subscriber feed should they go onto check YT after work. If I uploaded at 9, chances are most people wouldn't view till some 8 hours later when by then all their other YouTubers may have posted content and pushed me to the bottom of the feed.

Currently I upload on Sundays at 6pm (uk time). This seems to do fairly well for me at the moment. I'm not getting crazy amounts of views or anything, but, for the size of my channel I think it's decent. My latest video has 49 views and gained them fairly quickly.

I guess it depends on your audience, though, because of timezones and things like that I presume there isn't really a 'best time'. But, that's the beauty of YouTube, unless you remove/private the video, it'll always be there for someone to watch: immediately, a day later, a week later.. etc.

Im hoping I can put out a single video a week. I plan to not start my channel until I have banked up and completed quite a few videos so I can stay ahead.

So, today was a pretty active day for my channel. A lot of people seemed to like the video I posted today. I haven't figured out the best days or times to post my videos. I'm thinking about posting videos every Thursdays. When is the best time to post my videos?

Hard to say since I haven't seen any real data; there might be but I'm too lazy to look at the moment.

But based on my experience, Saturdays are the slowest days for me. Weeknights are usually decent times.

I try to post on saturday mornings I find during the weekend ppl watching in the morning and early afternoon

I upload them at night because that's when I would be most inclined to watch a video, right after school and after I've done all the stuff that I need to do. I'm currently targeting Wednesday and Sunday nights and that seems to be working alright

Back