Are you embarrassed to be doing Youtube?

JV Trammell

A Filmmaker/Vlogger attempting to make you laugh.
Reaction score
Hello, Everyone! I wanted to know how you feel about doing Youtube. Do you ever feel weird about telling your friends or parents about your youtube channel? What do they think about it?

I understand there may be a lot of people that don't really get it, so I wondered if anyone on here tried to keep in private. Let me know what you guys think!

Reactions: TheFreshBiz

KLENK

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I try to keep it from certain people... mostly because I think they would just troll on all of my videos. But I'm not worried about telling people who understand that doing Youtube is just like any other hobby.
:D

Reactions: JV Trammell

Topknot

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Not really, I try my best to keep supportive people around me and my friends and family have always had my back :D

Reactions: Hazzador

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've been doing theater for so long and have been in so many strange productions that I basically am not ashamed of any creative stuff I do. I've sent out my channel URLs to people at work, my family knows about it, and I put it on things like programs for plays I've written. Why not? Creativity should be celebrated!

Proudie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
My friends knew I did YT a long time ago, and I've recently gone back on it, it's not their cup of tea but they don't troll me or make fun of it, especially how quickly it grew in such a short space of time. A few like to get involved which is always good

WorldOfSupercars

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I used to feel embarrassed but not much anymore, except if another student tells one of the teachers in my school, but even thats not that embarrassing, i dont really care what anyone else thinks anyway, well to some extent :) There was one person who used to take the mick, but because I just ignore it, he actually wants to help me make videos, so people who usually take the mick either are too nervous too do it themselves, or they are just doing it as a joke :)