Almost $1000 on just 350,000 views???

carlylespicks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Some YouTuber online has been trying to justify their decision to join an MCN. They recently posted a video showing almost $1000 on just 350k views for the month. That is from the dashboard so that is for the ENTIRE channel! That makes NO sense! I know earnings can vary widely but that is TOO much. Especially for a channel that does not do well. less than 400 views average with near 11,000 subs???

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I must admit that it sounds fishy, but then again, I heard youtube has changed so it´s the watch time that lifts the money, which makes me wonder, what´s the retention?

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If this were true, it would not be representative of what every channel in that network earns.

You mention that the information comes from a dashboard. Is it possible that the channel got a brand deal or sponsorship and that is included in the total?

Another possibility is that the channel targets a niche segment, let's say cellphones. Maybe the CPM for cellphone content is great, I don't know.

Reactions: Scapestrato

Munchito696

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Some YouTuber online has been trying to justify their decision to join an MCN. They recently posted a video showing almost $1000 on just 350k views for the month. That is from the dashboard so that is for the ENTIRE channel! That makes NO sense! I know earnings can vary widely but that is TOO much. Especially for a channel that does not do well. less than 400 views average with near 11,000 subs???
I made like $150 from 7,000 views on one video, it was shared by some pet site. I've never seen anything close to that since then, but I wasn't complaining.

saldriass

Reaction score
The watch time play a big role here..if your video is more than 10 min you can make that much money if you know how to place the ads on it .

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
almost $1000 on just 350k views for the month.

Those figures were possible in 2014, not so much so in 2016.....

It depends on so many factors though. Maybe they have unskippable ads enabled on every single video and have very unique content.

What's the channel?

OpenThatThing

Reaction score
That seems a bit high. :/ I would be curious to see what kind of ads they are running.