Advice on getting my first 200 subscribers?

MillieCan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I cant seem to get out of the 120's range. I am going to begin consistent post,I have a video I am editing tomorrow. But beyond this, I have been so discouraged by the same sub range. I have patience and I am willing to learn. I know it comes wit time, but getting out of this zone feels impossible.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Is it because you're promoting what videos you have and not getting anywhere? Cause I mean.. you've got 4 videos, and you're posting around one video a month, for you to have even 120 subs with that kind of lack of content is actually pretty dang good. I started out posting around 2 or 3 videos a week and I think it still took me almost a year to hit my first hundred subs. Things picked up after getting over the 300 sub hump but I'm pretty sure it was a slow slow climb to 300. It's hard to remember I quit making content around 3 years ago.

But yeah I mean, if you want more subs you gotta give em more content! You know I was at around 800 or so subs and was climbing steadily when I started to let nerves put distance between my uploads. I went from a few videos a week to not uploading for a month or so and my views and subs went to a dead stand still immediately. This is just one man's opinion but I feel as if it's like starting a fire in the woods. It takes time and persistence to get the thing started and then once it's going you gotta keep feeding it or the dang thing will go out. Hope that helps :)

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If you have a budget you can alwyas promote your videos. But take an honest look at them first and ask yourself if you would subscribe to a video/channel like the one you promote (if it was not you own or you didn´t know the person:)) if you dont have a budget my advice would be to hook up with others for collabs. Number 1 BEST way of growing a channel for free IMO:)

Reactions: MillieCan

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Like earlier, I think you should put out more videos. People are less likely to subscribe if they see that you only have put out a few videos! If you manage to put out more, without losing out on quality, then you could see some growth!

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Stay engaged with your audience and don't force the issue. You will plateau, it sucks, but it is the name of the game. I've been stuck myself, and am more aware of that with my new gaming channel vs my established automotive channel. Not a good feeling, but it does not bother me as much anymore since I have been doing it for a hobby since early 2017 when it was clear to me no matter what I do I won't make it to the big leagues (That is not the defeatist additude talking here, but a realistic additude). There is not a lot you can do other than focusing on your best performing content and building from that.

PictureFIT

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
For sure just need more content. You'll get your editing down the more you can actually practice editing by making more vids. End of day, there's no secret to growing a following. You put out the content you think is top notch, do whatever you can in your power to promote it, and let the numbers come in. For your type of content, I highly encourage growing an IG following as well, and down the pipeline, twitter and FB (you can start all of them now but emphasis should be on IG first).

Bentura Madrid

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hi there, maybe more frequent uploads? Possibly 1 per week... I think you'll start seeing a difference in no time!

MillieCan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is it because you're promoting what videos you have and not getting anywhere? Cause I mean.. you've got 4 videos, and you're posting around one video a month, for you to have even 120 subs with that kind of lack of content is actually pretty dang good. I started out posting around 2 or 3 videos a week and I think it still took me almost a year to hit my first hundred subs. Things picked up after getting over the 300 sub hump but I'm pretty sure it was a slow slow climb to 300. It's hard to remember I quit making content around 3 years ago.

But yeah I mean, if you want more subs you gotta give em more content! You know I was at around 800 or so subs and was climbing steadily when I started to let nerves put distance between my uploads. I went from a few videos a week to not uploading for a month or so and my views and subs went to a dead stand still immediately. This is just one man's opinion but I feel as if it's like starting a fire in the woods. It takes time and persistence to get the thing started and then once it's going you gotta keep feeding it or the dang thing will go out. Hope that helps :)
That helped a lot! I think I am just the type of person that is use to working and seeing result so my patience with it needs to be better. I wish I had all the necessary things to start posting more often but school is really in the way. I will start working on it a little more, and finding what works for me as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1529130641,1529130471][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you have a budget you can alwyas promote your videos. But take an honest look at them first and ask yourself if you would subscribe to a video/channel like the one you promote (if it was not you own or you didn´t know the person:)) if you dont have a budget my advice would be to hook up with others for collabs. Number 1 BEST way of growing a channel for free IMO:)
Collabs can be soooooo hard sometimes where I am from, I can’t seem to figure out how it works. And there aren’t any YouTubers in my area. I never know how to contact people about collabs, I feel like the worst. And I also don’t understand the paid promo. If you see this, I would love a short explanation as to who promote, etc..[DOUBLEPOST=1529130686][/DOUBLEPOST]
Like earlier, I think you should put out more videos. People are less likely to subscribe if they see that you only have put out a few videos! If you manage to put out more, without losing out on quality, then you could see some growth!
Great advice! Thank you[DOUBLEPOST=1529130814][/DOUBLEPOST]
Stay engaged with your audience and don't force the issue. You will plateau, it sucks, but it is the name of the game. I've been stuck myself, and am more aware of that with my new gaming channel vs my established automotive channel. Not a good feeling, but it does not bother me as much anymore since I have been doing it for a hobby since early 2017 when it was clear to me no matter what I do I won't make it to the big leagues (That is not the defeatist additude talking here, but a realistic additude). There is not a lot you can do other than focusing on your best performing content and building from that.
Most advice I am getting is up my content and be patient. It’s always good to be realistic, something I seem to lack[DOUBLEPOST=1529131030][/DOUBLEPOST]
For sure just need more content. You'll get your editing down the more you can actually practice editing by making more vids. End of day, there's no secret to growing a following. You put out the content you think is top notch, do whatever you can in your power to promote it, and let the numbers come in. For your type of content, I highly encourage growing an IG following as well, and down the pipeline, twitter and FB (you can start all of them now but emphasis should be on IG first).
I completely agree, I have always been shy when it comes to attention. Being on IG showing all my friends this was the first step. I guess marketing myself would really help. I am learning to let go of my hide behind the camera personality and get down to the real deal. And editing! I suck! Lol but I will learn. It’s hard on my own but it means a lot in the end[DOUBLEPOST=1529131099][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hi there, maybe more frequent uploads? Possibly 1 per week... I think you'll start seeing a difference in no time!
School keeps me from doing as much as I’d like, but I agree. I will get better I promised myself that much.[DOUBLEPOST=1529131229][/DOUBLEPOST]I am not sure if I responded to everyone, but I thank you all for the advice! This really feels like a huge family community! I honestly can say I am happy for you all and hope to see everyone grow!!

Paperblossem

Reaction score
The solution is hard and easy at the same time.
I cant seem to get out of the 120's range. I am going to begin consistent post,I have a video I am editing tomorrow. But beyond this, I have been so discouraged by the same sub range. I have patience and I am willing to learn. I know it comes wit time, but getting out of this zone feels impossible.
Posting consistent is a good thing, but working on an audience is another thing.

Think about it logical. Managers from celebrities pay thousands of dollars to commercialize and promote their celebrity on the internet, TV and radio and for those thousands they get millions back from it.

Now I understand that you (most likely) cannot afford those thousands like most of us here. We're not Justin Bieber, we're not Jonas Bridges or any of those people.

There is a way easier and free method to work on your audience. It's called self promotion. You follow random people on social media, then wait until some of them follow back and when they do, send them a message asking them to subscribe to your channel.

I'm going to be honest with you, it is a long and painful process, but it is better than only making content and wait until you get your first 1000 subscribers in like 2 to 3 years. I've been doing this method for almost 1 year and got myself to 2500 subscribers.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

MillieCan

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The solution is hard and easy at the same time.Posting consistent is a good thing, but working on an audience is another thing.

Think about it logical. Managers from celebrities pay thousands of dollars to commercialize and promote their celebrity on the internet, TV and radio and for those thousands they get millions back from it.

Now I understand that you (most likely) cannot afford those thousands like most of us here. We're not Justin Bieber, we're not Jonas Bridges or any of those people.

There is a way easier and free method to work on your audience. It's called self promotion. You follow random people on social media, then wait until some of them follow back and when they do, send them a message asking them to subscribe to your channel.

I'm going to be honest with you, it is a long and painful process, but it is better than only making content and wait until you get your first 1000 subscribers in like 2 to 3 years. I've been doing this method for almost 1 year and got myself to 2500 subscribers.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Thats sounds like a smart thing to do, as far as facing my fears of being put out there. I guess it is wise to start sooner than later. Thank you!

Reactions: Paperblossem