Is a video uploaded after 3 weeks considered live traffic? I assume live traffic is immediate no? Just crazy after 3 weeks suddenly algo gives us a boost. So to keep algo happy I need to keep uploading with these tags and similar topic? I was planning to try surprise eggs this week but we will always include outdoor adventures too.

By the way awesome job with Hello a kitty videos! My kids watch them on the app and looking now you're doing GREAT!

Sorry, confused a bit there. By live, I mean as soon as you upload, monitor the realtime traffic. If you are getting solid lines and high traffic, it means those keywords are popular and Yt is sending you traffic. If the live chart looks like a few cactus in a prairie, then that video is a flop out the gate.

So for example, these are two videos. The previous one has much stronger traffic than the last one. This tells me there is more demand/interest in those keywords and Yt send more traffic. So if I am planning the next few videos, I would make more of the last one with 1200/hr not 200/hr.

Untitled.jpg

WRT suggested, placements occur as soon as immediate to as far apart as a few weeks after you post. Our Hello Kitty giant egg, I think our placement on that with Toy Scouter and ToysAndMe took about 3-4 weeks. But that drove insane amounts of traffic. One of our Thomas in the park videos got on RyanToysReview the next day when they posted a playing in the park video. That placement lasted less than 1 day and the algo re-shifted the suggested on RTR. We got what @FamilyToyReview calls a test suggested in the first 24 hours. So the placements completely vary, and can't be predicted (to my knowledge).

Awesome, why is the engagement ratio so low though?
Even if you've got 1400 likes atleast some people should have atleast liked/disliked or commented.

That's very strange, does that happen a lot to kid channels?

Regards
Kevin

Well said thank you! I have a list of ideas to try some new some done already but adding a twist.. There is a lot of learning involved with YT and this forum with Youtubers as yourself, are awesome for sharing tips! Subbing and I'm excited to see your growth!

Of course, shadowing is one strategy. You can also try to be completely different, and that might explode. Toy Freaks were different and brought ideas over from adult videos into the kids realm. Example, snake in the mouth and snake in bathtub were already out there in the Yt world, but TF brought them over to a kids channel. So a strategy would be to find/invent adult content and apply it to kids. That's more risky, but has more viral potential.

For us, when we started 1 yr ago, I knew absolutely nothing about Yt except that my kids sometimes watched these videos. So it's a heck of a learning curve just starting "normal" simple videos. Starting with something new, niche, way out there, I would not be able to do. But after some experience on the platform, it's much easier, if you have an original exciting idea, to implement it. So my recommendation is start slow and easy, learn the backend, shadow, do videos your kids love to do and make them happy, and in a few months with some good experience, you can experiment as much as you want.

Even if you've got 1400 likes atleast some people should have atleast liked/disliked or commented.

Regards
Kevin

Kids chain watch with auto-suggest ON, they rarely stop to like, or comment, especially if they are under 5 or 6 (they have no idea what that is). Also the kids app, which many watch in, does not have access to comments. And rightfully so, with all the hate, swearing and abuse that kids videos get.

Regards
Kevin

This I'm not surprised! My kids click faster than FLASH when watching videos - literally a video per 15 seconds on bored days if the video isn't engaging enough. There are no likes/comments on the app. Kids are picky :)

Sad I just compared a super hero in a response but you get the message right..

First congrats! When we first started out it was like that too. Views spike up out of nowhere and I was totally freaking out thinking we were botted! However that's how YouTube works, from time to time they will do a test placement on your video and if it does well it will stay and promote it more, if it doesn't work out the views will drop. However sometimes they will try placement on different suggested videos before it dies completely if it doesn't work the first time.

Following popular trends are probably the fastest route to get views for smaller channels right now! (bad baby, killer clowns... etc) Unfortunately for us, we can't do any of the popular trend videos...our target audience are 2-5 and we already have so much hate as it is! Once we did a video with joker celebrating Spider-Man birthday party and there where many emails from parent telling us their little girl cry, even thou it was a good joker!

Anyhow yea people always comment asking why the views to like or comment ratio is so low thinking we view bot but I wish people understand that little 3years old don't like or subscribe! I wish they do! Lol

Try taking your kids to other fun kids places like bounce house etc! Kids loves watching those videos!

This I'm not surprised! My kids click faster than FLASH when watching videos - literally a video per 15 seconds on bored days if the video isn't engaging enough. There are no likes/comments on the app. Kids are picky :)

Sad I just compared a super hero in a response but you get the message right..

Oh that clears up a lot of stuff, awesome thanks for answering my question both of you!
Again congrats on those views!

Regards
Kevin

First congrats! When we first started out it was like that too. Views spike up out of nowhere and I was totally freaking out thinking we were botted! However that's how YouTube works, from time to time they will do a test placement on your video and if it does well it will stay and promote it more, if it doesn't work out the views will drop. However sometimes they will try placement on different suggested videos before it dies completely if it doesn't work the first time.

Following popular trends are probably the fastest route to get views for smaller channels right now! (bad baby, killer clowns... etc) Unfortunately for us, we can't do any of the popular trend videos...our target audience are 2-5 and we already have so much hate as it is! Once we did a video with joker celebrating Spider-Man birthday party and there where many emails from parent telling us their little girl cry, even thou it was a good joker!

Anyhow yea people always comment asking why the views to like or comment ratio is so low thinking we view bot but I wish people understand that little 3years old don't like or subscribe! I wish they do! Lol

Try taking your kids to other fun kids places like bounce house etc! Kids loves watching those videos!

Thank you!! This is exciting and the boost of hope in the YT world I wanted.. something I can get used to enjoying!! My kids love watching your videos and Disney Collector etc. and so do many other kids being your channel is MOST WATCHED! WOOHOO You Go Momma!! I mean hundreds of millions in views how incredible does it feel???? :)
Derrick has been asking for surprise eggs ALL THE TIME the obsession is REAL. I started a list of video ideas with Derrick and everything was surprise this, egg that, slime, playdoh etc. So many ideas I'm just happy to have this feeling of hard work being recognized.

I will work on uploading more as this could be the change algo is giving us. Honestly, I can't believe parents message you. Ryan is living the kids dream and will have a lifetime of wonderful childhood memories. Hate is everywhere but comes from a negative mind and we don't focus on that in this happy environment we create for our families.

When was the moment you realized "this is what I'm doing right" and your videos became hit after hit? Such an amazing feeling I bet!

Last edited:
Whatever happens just try not to feel down if the views drop, if anything use that to work harder! I rememeber when we first started getting a super huge boost from YouTube getting 1M views a day, I was over the moon! Then 2weeks later, views drop at least 30% out of no where and I was heartbroken. It was going down slowing every day for a month after that and I thought there's no hope....and out of no where again the views spike up even higher than before! I started when the giant eggs were in its prime time so That's what I tried to focus on while also doing things my son loved! I honestly still don't knows which videos will succeed and which will be a flop. Sure I knew some video might have a higher chance then others because of the topic, but there are videos we spends so much time on and it barely gets any views, then there were videos where we didn't spend as much effort on, it will get way more views!

I think those parents who email us were just concerns of what their kids where watching. It was coming from a good place saying like their 3 year d daughter loves watching Ryan but this joker video really scare her and ask us to not use joker anymore. Our audience are also at the stage where they just copy what they see (I know because my son will copy other kids he watch) and we will get so many hate from doing those bad baby videos so we try to keep our videos the most kid friendly as possible. There's nothing wrong with bad baby videos if the kids watching knows it's just a skit and for entertainment but not with our target audience! I'm seen many successful smaller channel rise to the top by doing those and that's good for them!

Yes it feels amazing to get where we're at but the truth is there are a lot of hate being on top. Being a kid toy channel doesn't help either...people thinks we are exploiting our son for money and spoiling him...etc...and think we are viewbotting because they don't understand the views to like ratio or why there are so many random keystrokes like " fjigcjl". My son loves making videos and it's such a great bonding moments for our family. He wants me to record him doing stuff 24/7 if it was his way. When I first started YouTube I didn't even know there were money involved! I was just doing it because he asked me too and we had so much fun filming together! Then when I did knew about money, I thought I'll just work hard so I can make enough money just to pay for the toys so we can continue to do this Youtube thing because my son enjoys it so much! Now Yotube is my full time job and I just pretty much pay myself what I would of made at my other job before and the rest goes back into the company to pay for toys etc...and my kids future and college fund. As for the toys, we donate them when we are done and my son is happy just playing with those $1 hot wheels toy car. Not everyone gets that, and we actually hate the attention. (Yes I know I shouldn't care what people think but it's hard, we don't have much support and fans like other bigger adult channel Youtubers )That's why I started a second channel and hoping to bring some of my views over there. Of course I don't want my views to drop because no one stay this high forever so we are saving up the most we can for my kids future as possible! I'm hoping to shift my audience slowly to the new channel. So I want some of the views from the main channel shifting over to the new channel since its focus more on vlog type than toys. It will be a long process since I can only upload 2 videos a week at the momen being busy and our lives isn't very interesting sadly. ( and of course kids don't subscribe so doesn't help either lol) So I'm hoping to maintain the views just shifting it to a different channel. I know it's crazy but my husband gets excited when channels like Toy Freaks beats us in views. He hates the attention! When I check out Toy Freaks channel, it seems like either they are good at blocking out negative comments or they are not receiving as much hate as we are.

Anyways sorry to rant but that's how it feels being us lol....I'm bless with what we have and wouldn't change it any other way, just wish we didn't get so much hate lol...we did a science experiment video and we got a comment that said we're wasting water even though we barely used any...lol [DOUBLEPOST=1480564615,1480564536][/DOUBLEPOST]
Kids chain watch with auto-suggest ON, they rarely stop to like, or comment, especially if they are under 5 or 6 (they have no idea what that is). Also the kids app, which many watch in, does not have access to comments. And rightfully so, with all the hate, swearing and abuse that kids videos get.
Just want to say I'm starting to notice lots of channels copying your careless dad videos! Think you might be on to something! Nice job!

Last edited:
Back