HelloErica

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i use imovie because it came for free with my apple mac but it is not available on PC. i recommend Davinci Resolve 16 if you have PC , it is free and easy to learn to use , there are also lots of tutorials for beginners on YouTube. Hope this helps :)

CreativeOven

Reaction score
Hey i need help I don-t know what is the best editor for videos and adobe premiere it-s not an option for me anymore,

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
ffmpeg...

I used to be a Linux computer engineer, and I still use Linux only. After giving a try to OpenShot (just unusable) and ShotCut, I discovered that it is possible to do video editing using ffmpeg (providing a sort of edit script using the -filter-complex option). The edit script is written using... Gnu Emacs.

So, definitely not a choice for everybody, but to me 2 really important benefits, as I only have a small i3 based laptop:
- the editing description is text only. Once I know how to do some effect and I want to use it in another video, it's only about cutting and pasting text. No need to click around in a timeline, which on a small laptop with just a touchpad, can be slow and tricky.
- no fancy user interface; generating the final video is just running a program in a terminal, and wait. No more memory used than the one necessary to generate the result from the script.

Alex1522

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I Use LumaFusion on the iPad pro now.
It's cheap and so far has been easy to use.
Have yet to upload any videos made in the app though.

JSRG

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
My primary editor is Sony Vegas Pro 14. Secondary editor is Hitfilm4Express.

mirrorlessNY(youtuber)

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
using adobe premiere for 2years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but what else is there? obviously sony vegas, final cut, any other similarly PRO video editing tools out there?

Fam

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was using Sony Vegas Pro 14, it crashed all the time so right now im using Adobe Premiere Pros which is amazing. Also for my thumbnails etc i use Photoshop 2020, pretty good as well.

gpwt

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I use the following programs for editing video clips: Filmora, Sony Vegas Pro 13, Nundub. I have been studying them for a long time.