The easiest way was to flat out ban/remove the troublemakers point blank. But then... they can't do that because they're also the ones bringing in the big money. That's why despite all the controversy that Pewds causes, they worse they do it take his Youtube Red away... but they don't dare flat out take his channel down and ban him.

So hey... make examples out of the little guys. Even when they didn't do anything. Even when the 'bad actors' are still on your channel waiting to cause the next big Adpocalypse related scandal.

A month ago, I removed a link to my website from hundreds of my videos because I read somewhere that YT wants people to remain engaged on YT. I thought that sending people off YT would hurt my chances of being monetized.

Now my chances of being monetized are zero, so time to put back the link to my website. :D

f**k that i'm sending my viewers to affiliate links and recommending em every video lol !![DOUBLEPOST=1517062706,1517062567][/DOUBLEPOST]i wwas finally at 10k the day they changed it but i don't care i use affiliate links google adsense is low when it comes to payrates its barely worth it for small youtubers !! im just going to do product reviews and push making my viewers buy s**t lol one or two sales will make more than 1000s of views lol

I just ran into a huge problem that may be costing me thousands of $ each month, so any answers/help about this issue will be hugely appreciated.

First off, my MCN is Fullscreen. Here is a graph of my monthly earnings since I've been a partner:
upload_2018-1-28_21-5-48.png

As you can see, especially in the last year, I've been bringing home a decent amount of money (enough to make a decent living in my country). However, my fairytale seems to be coming to an end with the introduction of the new YT monetization requirements (4000 watch hours in last year and 1k subscribers). My problem is that the money that I have been raking in has mostly been coming in from Content ID, and not from my actual channel. Reason for this is, I only have 1 really viral video on my channel, but for some reason, lately, 99% of the views I have been getting have come from copies of my video on other channels. I only have about 1500 watch hours on my channel in the last year with 1800 subscribers, so I am far from the 4000 goal. I am not actively uploading as I have no content ideas or time to do this. Just yesterday, all monetization options have disappeared from my channel due to the new rules, and with this, I have also automatically been removed as a Fullscreen Partner until I accumulate 4000 watch hours in a year.

Now, how is this fair? While copies of my own video on other channels are receiving literally millions of views every month (for example, just one channel that has copied my video is receiving about 2M views EACH DAY these days), from yesterday on I will not be receiving a single dollar anymore? I tried talking to Fullscreen about this, but they seem to be most uninterested about solving my issue. All they said was they can not override YT's requirements.

So, my question is: whilst I'm losing hundreds of $ each day, is there any solution to my problem besides actually accumulating the 4000 watch hours on my own channel? Honestly, this is a lot of money to me, and if someone can help me with this, I am even prepared to pay for a solution to this (or offer a % of my earnings each month, depending on the solution). I do understand why YouTube did this, but to kick someone from monetizing their Content ID video, even though he/she is making thousands each month, doesn't seem fair.

Also, I received this message last month, as most of you probably did: "As a result, your channel will no longer be eligible for monetization starting February 20, 2018.". Yet, my monetization functions disappeared yesterday already. Does this mean I am not earning money through Content ID since yesterday, or am I safe until February 20 and still have time to find a solution to this?

Thanks for all the answers!

So, my question is: whilst I'm losing hundreds of $ each day, is there any solution to my problem besides actually accumulating the 4000 watch hours on my own channel? Honestly, this is a lot of money to me, and if someone can help me with this, I am even prepared to pay for a solution to this (or offer a % of my earnings each month, depending on the solution). I do understand why YouTube did this, but to kick someone from monetizing their Content ID video, even though he/she is making thousands each month, doesn't seem fair.

Also, I received this message last month, as most of you probably did: "As a result, your channel will no longer be eligible for monetization starting February 20, 2018.". Yet, my monetization functions disappeared yesterday already. Does this mean I am not earning money through Content ID since yesterday, or am I safe until February 20 and still have time to find a solution to this?

Thanks for all the answers!
In your case it will be more easy to just pass the threshold and get your monetization back. For ContentID, are you using your own ContentID account or the claims are through the MCN account? If it is the latter, they will still receive the earnings from the claimed videos, even if your account is not monetized as the references are still there. There are no changes to ConentID recently and for claims you don't need videos or views to claim videos, just the references and connected AdSense account.

In your case it will be more easy to just pass the threshold and get your monetization back. For ContentID, are you using your own ContentID account or the claims are through the MCN account? If it is the latter, they will still receive the earnings from the claimed videos, even if your account is not monetized as the references are still there. There are no changes to ConentID recently and for claims you don't need videos or views to claim videos, just the references and connected AdSense account.
It is the latter, I have no control over ContentID, they sorted it out for me. If this is true regarding the references, this just made my day. Are you sure about this? Seems sketchy Fullscreen said nothing about me receiving ContentID earnings from now on? Guess I should ask them about this, because if this is actually true, I have no interest in reaching the threshold, as 99% of my earnings are from ContentID, as mentioned in my original post.

It is the latter, I have no control over ContentID, they sorted it out for me.
That's how it usually works, since ContentID is available only to selected big media corporations. Also you need to be YouTube certified to be able to work with it, because it's VERY powerful tool.

If this is true regarding the references, this just made my day. Are you sure about this? Seems sketchy Fullscreen said nothing about me receiving ContentID earnings from now on? Guess I should ask them about this, because if this is actually true, I have no interest in reaching the threshold, as 99% of my earnings are from ContentID, as mentioned in my original post.
I have ContentID. I can check your reference and send you more information. But didn't they send you reports for the earnings (ContentID automatically sends weekly and monthly reports), then the MCN sends your percentage through PayPal?

Message me privately if you want me to check your reference, since this is out of the topic.

I have ContentID. I can check your reference and send you more information. But didn't they send you reports for the earnings (ContentID automatically sends weekly and monthly reports), then the MCN sends your percentage through PayPal?

Message me privately if you want me to check your reference, since this is out of the topic.
First of all, thanks for your time and the help. I do get monthly reports, and yes, I get my percentage through PP each month. Like I said, it worked fine until now, but since my channel lost monetization 2 days ago I can't know for sure until the end of next month when I get the monthly report whether I'm currently still earning money from ContentID.

I'd love for you to check the reference, however due to my low activity on this forum, it seems I can't message you privately. Any other way we can get in touch, please?

First of all, thanks for your time and the help. I do get monthly reports, and yes, I get my percentage through PP each month. Like I said, it worked fine until now, but since my channel lost monetization 2 days ago I can't know for sure until the end of next month when I get the monthly report whether I'm currently still earning money from ContentID.
Your AdSense account (the one connected for use with your channel) never earned money through the ContentID since it was the MCN's account connected. No need to worry, the claimed videos will still earn money, even if your personal account is disconnected from the partner program. That's why they send you the money through PayPal, (after deducting their percentage). I don't know how the MCNs will handle the situation (technically, you will not be a partner with them anymore), but they still shall send your claimed videos earnings each month (along with the reports). That's how it worked before, where many people were re-uploading videos and music from other websites. And btw the big MCN's have manual claiming tool, so they can claim videos as theirs even if the ContentID system don't detect it or there is no reference uploaded for the particular material.
I'd love for you to check the reference, however due to my low activity on this forum, it seems I can't message you privately.
You need 50+ posts for private messages.But it's too early to know how they will proceed. I guess you'll need to wait 2-3 months to know for sure. I don't know each MCN's payment rules, but I think it is usually something in the range of NET 60-NET 90. Not sure though, since I never used their services.

Back