GrumpyKitten

Reaction score
Your AdSense account (the one connected for use with your channel) never earned money through the ContentID since it was the MCN's account connected. No need to worry, the claimed videos will still earn money, even if your personal account is disconnected from the partner program. That's why they send you the money through PayPal, (after deducting their percentage). I don't know how the MCNs will handle the situation (technically, you will not be a partner with them anymore), but they still shall send your claimed videos earnings each month (along with the reports). That's how it worked before, where many people were re-uploading videos and music from other websites. And btw the big MCN's have manual claiming tool, so they can claim videos as theirs even if the ContentID system don't detect it or there is no reference uploaded for the particular material.
So if I understand you correctly, even though my MCN no longer has access to my channel, because YouTube removed them as my partner, they are still able to run ContentID on my video and potentially earn money through the video just like they did until now?

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So if I understand you correctly, even though my MCN no longer has access to my channel, because YouTube removed them as my partner, they are still able to run ContentID on my video and potentially earn money through the video just like they did until now?
Yes. The references are still there. But even if the references are not there, as I wrote, big MCNs can claim videos manually (many networks do this for vines compilations and similar and earn money). But you have contract with the MCN, so they shall send you reports and money, even if you have no YouTube Partner privileges anymore. YouTube is kicking you out of the YPP because you don't reach the thresholds, but the MCN still has their earnings for claimed videos.

Reactions: GrumpyKitten

GrumpyKitten

Reaction score
Yes. The references are still there. But even if the references are not there, as I wrote, big MCNs can claim videos manually (many networks do this for vines compilations and similar and earn money). But you have contract with the MCN, so they shall send you reports and money, even if you have no YouTube Partner privileges anymore. YouTube is kicking you out of the YPP because you don't reach the thresholds, but the MCN still has their earnings for claimed videos.
If all what you've said turns out to be true, and it seems you do have knowledge and experience about this, then my problem is solved. Thanks again for your time, much appreciated mate.

Reactions: Hirudov
Reaction score
Well, I comply with the 4000h, but I only have around 340 subscribers. Nevertheless, I don't care so much about the changes, because I never started Youtube for the sake of the money. In fact it is a hobby that I have spent money for.
The only thing that would be a bit sad, is if I get less viewers directed to my channel, because Youtube might favor those channels that they can run ads on.
But other than that, I'm not too bothered about those changes from my own view.

Reactions: MattySlug

GrillinRandy

Reaction score
I love Youtube and I was really happy that they gave me an opportunity to make a few needed dollars. I'm never going to get rich but I liked seeing that I was making a little progress. I'm sad the way that things are now turning out. Soon I'll be cut off and most of the videos that I post are deemed "Not Suitable". I grieve for Youtube, I loved you. Soon you will become not a relevant entity. Now you have exposed your flank and the competition will mercilessly attack. I'm thinking that Dailymotion will now become the dominant force in the video wars. It's not many businesses that can turn their backs on 95% of their revenue and survive. RIP Youtube. :'(

Reactions: MattySlug
Reaction score
I'm thinking that Dailymotion will now become the dominant force in the video wars. It's not many businesses that can turn their backs on 95% of their revenue and survive. RIP Youtube. :'(
Well, there is no doubt that there is no real competition now, but a Youtube monopoly. I use Dailymotion, too, but they have to add some functions such as custom thumbnails and stuff like that.
Also, they should try to make more deals with famous media outlets to get views over from Youtube. The problem with more competition will be a more fragmented viewer base.
As far as the monetization is concerned, I can perfectly understand your feelings. On the other hand I also see that Youtube doesn't owe us anything. They give us their servers for free, so they can do what they want. Youtube is not a public entity.

With Vimeo, I actually have to pay 50$ a year to upload, but you actually get customer service.

As I said, I'm more concerned that my views go down, if Youtube favors content with ads.

Ishtiak Ahmed

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know youtube has it's right to protect it's interest and does not owe us anything. But...
They could have categorize users in at least three groups...like small, medium and large channel...or something like that...
Now it's a challenge for small channels like us with giant channels...

Reaction score
I disagree here. As long as we have a level playing field in terms of being found in the search and in the video proposals, I don’t see a big problem. With regular good content it should be possible to reach 1000 subscribers. Apart from that I think that Adsense is not a good way to earn money , it is simply not a lot you get there.

But if they change the algorithm towards favoring videos with ads, then this will be a huge mistake is, because there will be no new content creators from that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ishtiak Ahmed

zaffron

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Did you noticed something ?
New YouTube monetization policy means not just small creators will die but also those who relies on YouTube will die as well. i.e. "YTtalk" :whistling2:

Reaction score
Did you noticed something ?
New YouTube monetization policy means not just small creators will die but also those who relies on YouTube will die as well. i.e. "YTtalk" :whistling2:
Why would yttalk die? Also I don‘t think that small creator as such will die, because you pracrically don‘t earn anything from Adsense if you are a small Youtuber anyway. Above all, those few dollars you make at the beginning should not be the motivation to start creating videos in my view.

If you are good at something the money will come sooner or later.