Jawad Soomro

I'm a Human!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
To be honest, my channel is doing well, I have more than 1000 subs, i have 73K views. But since I have no 4000 hours, my channel will no longer monetize. Thats kinda sad for me. I worked hard and made quality content on YouTube. I achieved good amount of goals and now they are taking away my monetization rights, I hope some magic happens and they dont disable my monetization.

Reactions: GrillinRandy

AceOfBats

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
To be honest, my channel is doing well, I have more than 1000 subs, i have 73K views. But since I have no 4000 hours, my channel will no longer monetize. Thats kinda sad for me. I worked hard and made quality content on YouTube. I achieved good amount of goals and now they are taking away my monetization rights, I hope some magic happens and they dont disable my monetization.
Well, assuming you do 10 minute videos and upload 5 days a week, and at least a quarter of your audience watches a full video, you should only need about 19 weeks of work to pull it off. And that's assuming no one watches after the 250 initial views. If you're doing as well as you say with as many loyal subscribers that you have that tune into your channel every week? Yeah I'm not too worried for you, I'm expecting you to get paid Jawad. I mean, screw the money though cuz you do it for the love, but if you need to subsidize equipment costs then that makes sense and I suspect that will come with time. 4 or 5 months from now you'll be in the milestones section bragging about that green my friend :)

The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Have you linked the correct channel to your profile? The channel linked only has 243 subs.

Reaction score
I was so upset, got my first pay check after about 2 years of work, then I got the email. Kinda felt s**t. But now I think its a goal to get that 1000 sub and 4000 hrs of view time. But I think I need to make better content.

buzzcuts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Ranter
I guess I'm in the minority in that I already comfortably passed the watch time but haven't hit the subs.

I posted a video on my channel sharing my thoughts so I'll keep it short here, but I'm overall in favour of these changes.

Only a combo of watch time and subs like this will weed out short-term channels that try to turn a quick profit before getting taken down (ie pirates, impersonators, etc.). These are the real bad actors that I think YouTube is targeting, and they aren't too concerned about the side effects caused to those who are simply new to the platform.

Andie_the_Lab

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So after the 2018 requirements and Youtube Announcements, I am seeing more and more top tier youtubers not even bothering with a 10:01 + video

Is this because Ad Sense is getting manually curated so there's no need?

I'm only asking because it's very easy to do an 7-9 minute video, but sometimes stretching for that extra minute is difficult - but we do it to maximize that 10:01 sweet spot obviously.

Are there new news about this?

Pixel & Bracket

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think it's just coincidence currently. Nothing has changed or adjusted to make that video length less desirable.

Realm Unknown

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Other
I think that may just be a coincidence, cause channel's I'm subscribed to are still certainly aiming for longer than 10 minute videos.

Andie_the_Lab

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that may just be a coincidence, cause channel's I'm subscribed to are still certainly aiming for longer than 10 minute videos.
yeah but is it possible that smaller youtubers don't know?

A second thought was that if YT is now hand picking, maybe the top preferred users don't have to do 10min + anymore etc etc.

Reactions: Realm Unknown