Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Hot Topic New monetization changes: 4k hours & 1k subs (**discussion here only**)

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Monetization & Partnership Forum' started by clerick, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Realm Unknown
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $60
    No one is immune really to the algorithm, not fully that is, Watch Time still dominates what videos really get boosted. I would agree not all small channels know, but those actually dedicated to the site most likely do, since for the most part it effects them the most.

2. Stoobs
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $2
    For the pennies you'd make before hitting those numbers it's not a issue. I had 2.7k views and made like 4quid lol

Liam O’Doyle likes this.
  3. AceOfBats
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $83
    You know Dutch that's actually where I'm at too. I lease the Premiere Software from Adobe at like fifty bucks a month or something. And obviously we buy the product out of pocket. I'm hoping all the SEO and changes I've been making bring in the subscribers though. We get a lot of views and watch time for being a channel under 200 subscribers especially, it's just getting the subs really. Yugi-Tubing is competitive and expensive. I'm not looking to quit my job, just kinda subsidize the cost of running a channel like this. Maybe it's time for an R&F. I dunno, we'll see. Dutch I figure you'd do good with 5000+ subs.

4. Lew
    Lew
    Cash:
    $16
    To be fair, it's not a massive earner even at those numbers so it's not such a big deal in my opinion. The only downside I can think of is that it might encourage others to attempt to get to those numbers quicker by banding together and sharing subs with no intention of actually watching that content.

5. AceOfBats
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $83
    True. Big thing is you can tell the difference between those channels though. I've seen channels with 10 times my subs that only get half the views that I'll get on a daily video. Like struggling at 34 views for the week while mine can hit 100 - 200 easy. It's disappointing that the sub numbers are there and not with me, that's the only part I don't like. But growing organically has netted longer watch times and more views. So I guess i prefer having a loyal (small but real) subscriber base when compared to a large but ultimately fickle and manufactured one.

6. Lew
    Lew
    Cash:
    $16
    Absolutely! What's the point in having all the numbers on subs if there's nobody actually watching your stuff? What I don't like about the changes are that it might encourage this, is all.

7. AceOfBats
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $83
    Hopefully people will wise up. The "sub4sub" crowd is always going to be there. So is the crowd that just uploads copyrighted material. One channel I ran across recently literally uploaded an audible copy of Jurassic park and has coped 1000+subs in less than a week. Many of which listened to the whole book (15 Hours). The slight adjustments apparently miss the algorithm and it was riddled with ads. This type of stuff is what YouTube really needs to worry about frankly. And they aren't. They wouldn't need to make so many changes so frequently if there wasn't this sort of crap out there.

Lew likes this.
  8. Andie_the_Lab
    Cash:
    $25
    I agree i'm so sick and tired of these compilation channels that change the voice frequency and play video within a picture to get away with it..... total view counts for these Naruto Compilations are like 50M....

Lew and AceOfBats like this.
  9. TheDutchTexan
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $101
    I am not doing nearly as good as I would like since I am still out of pocket. It's close to self sustaining though, oh so close. When that happens it would make things a lot easier and perhaps even start to open new avenues. I've been wanting to do a project car for a while now!

AceOfBats likes this.
  10. Andie_the_Lab
    Cash:
    $25
    do you use a press fleet for access to vehicles or a mix? We work with driveshop, but it doesnt seem like a stable avenue