Annie's Vegan Journey

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i'm so new to youtube i didn't know what it took to qualify anyway lol. i feel sorry for all you guys tho coz i hear it has disappointed and affected a lot of people.

The NotARubicon!

NotARubicon Productions
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Yup.. Lost a couple of channels.. But I am hoping that my bigger channels will benefit now that advertisers will have to fight a little harder to get their ads shown.. And we all know that a lot of spam/junk/krap channels wont be around much longer and that's good for everyone..

Reaction score
From the official YouTube FAQ:

If you have AdSense earnings but your current balance doesn't meet the payment threshhold, you can follow the steps to permanently cancel your AdSense account. As long as your current balance meets the cancellation threshhold, you'll be paid your full AdSense balance in the next payment cycle. [bolding is mine in this last sentence...see comments at end]
If you think you’ll reach the YPP threshold soon, we suggest waiting until your channel is eligible for the program again so that you don’t have to open a newAdSense account to start earning money.
Before canceling your account: If you have never received a payment from AdSense before, make sure to follow all the steps to getting paid, including:

1. Provide your tax information, if necessary
  2. Confirm your payee name and address
  3. Set up how you want to receive your payment
  4. Verify your address with a PIN that's mailed to you (if you don't already have a PIN, this may take 2-4 weeks)
If you'd like to participate in AdSense again in the future, you'll need to submit a new application using an email address that's not associated with any previous AdSense account.

So what I'm seeing here is that if you've reached over $100.00 in the last payment cycle, you'll get every penny that you're owed by Adsense. If not, it will sit there until you again become eligible for YPP. OR, you can just completely shut down your Adsense account and they'll pay you the balance, regardless of the amount: $0.01 to $99.99 (unless I'm misunderstanding what "cancellation threshhold" means.

The reality: If you're a small channel, just starting out, we're probably talking about dollars and cents here. If you want to give up completely on ever getting revenue, shut it down and get your few dollars. If not, let it sit and grow your channel. Be sure you've completed steps 1, 2 and 3 at our favorite video sharing site with a slash and then account_monetization (sorry, forum won't let me post the link) regardless of how close you are. I waited 14 months for my first $100, and then 5 months, and then 3 months, and now 2 months. If you produce interesting content on a regular basis, subscriber growth comes on an upward curve. You may start out with 5 subscribers a month, then 15, then 30, then 60, then 120, etc. The curve didn't start moving upward for me until about a year and a half in, but I can see it now. I had just over 600 subscribers on January 8 (two year anniversary), and will probably hit 800 by tomorrow.

If you're on the higher end, and close, my advice is to wait it out. Don't get discouraged. I strongly suspect that starting tomorrow, YouTube ad views are going to be worth a LOT more than they were yesterday. Since there will be fewer channels to run ads on, the monetized channels will get more ads, and therefore, will make more money.

In my case, I produce content that gets a lot of views from searches, and because so many searches hit my videos, they get on the "recommended" list a lot. I never pushed subscriptions, except for a "please subscribe" at the very end of the video, and I'm guessing that very few people reach that last 20 seconds of the video for that reminder. I also feel that most YouTube viewers don't properly utilize the subscription list, and just watch recommended or trending videos. So, in looking at that Account Monetization page I linked above, I have 13,557 watchtime hours, but only 797 subscribers. Based on my channel's recent growth, I should hit 1000 in the next 4-6 weeks. I'll wait it out. Tomorrow, I should be getting a payment of around $115.00. Then I'll have around $60.00 left in my account. I'll lose around $100 in revenue if I have to wait 6 weeks to get back into YPP, but I think the reward of better ad revenue will be worth it once I get back in.

(To the mods of yttalk, I fully understand the inability to post video and channel links, and third party website spam to the forum, but certain YouTube URLs should be whitelisted, as important information can be found at these links).
Thanks 504RoadTrips for posting this. What a shame they would make us jump through such hoops to get our money owed to us. Small as it may be, It really is our money. I don't want to cancel my account as it is a pain and time consuming to set up again. What a shame they are treating us this way.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
i just got official email from yt. yeah my channel ineligible for partner program. i have 1,4K subs and ‘only’ 1000 hrs short.

I really need to hear clarification if i reach 4000hrs say next week will i get my monetization back? or will it reset to 0 ?

but most important is, will the system actively monitor every single channel analytics when they reach the requirements it will be automatically eligible? or should we manually ‘proposed’ back to them?

this is b******t, really. I’m desperately would like to find out how youtube handles those million views of FAKE CHANNELS with STUPID UNEDUCATED CONTENTS??
How about those who BOUGHT VIEWS AND SUBS? Will the system detect those stuff?

Define ‘protect’

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
i just got official email from yt. yeah my channel ineligible for partner program. i have 1,4K subs and ‘only’ 1000 hrs short.

I really need to hear clarification if i reach 4000hrs say next week will i get my monetization back? or will it reset to 0 ?

but most important is, will the system actively monitor every single channel analytics when they reach the requirements it will be automatically eligible? or should we manually ‘proposed’ back to them?

this is b******t, really. I’m desperately would like to find out how youtube handles those million views of FAKE CHANNELS with STUPID UNEDUCATED CONTENTS??
How about those who BOUGHT VIEWS AND SUBS? Will the system detect those stuff?

Define ‘protect’
UPDATE:

Just got immediate respond from YT on Twitter

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
yup I am officially demonetized. I was kind of wishing that they might decide to hold onto some channels that were generating more revenue and see where they went but I didn't really figure they would. my last months earnings was $6.01 well over double what YouTube claimed the 90% of channels being demonetized earned. oh well in the end its not enough money to matter. just kind of a slap in the face. the amount of money that would have been earned getting from a/b would have been a measurable amount.

I am starting to gain traction so I might be able to monetize again sooner than I was thinking but I still have a long ways to go. oh well I guess no sense in crying over spilt milk. don't agree with it but it is what it is.

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For beginners like myself..any advice or tips ?? I have just created a entertainment / celebs / sports channel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
For beginners like myself..any advice or tips ?? I have just created a entertainment / celebs / sports channel
Answer yourself this questions:
Are you trying to make a living from Youtube? If yes, dedicate yourself on it.

There’s a thread for this kind of tips. Or create a new one.

Lock

$$$
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Answer yourself this questions:
Are you trying to make a living from Youtube? If yes, dedicate yourself on it.

There’s a thread for this kind of tips. Or create a new one.
that doesn't answer my question at all