The BBQ Chef

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We work through Driveshop, but it's very difficult because they work with too many influencers.....so it feels very complicated trying to get a specific vehicle. Do you have tips on how to get involved with the local dealerships?

We just started a new segment where we review dog friendly cars -

18' Mazda CX-9 already uploaded
18' Toyota Sequoia this friday
18' Land Cruiser in 2 weeks.

But i really want to get my hands on a XF Sport Brake, or E class Wagon...
The best way to do it is:
Go to the dealerships you want to deal with and speak directly with the Sales Managers, not the marketing department. show them some of the videos you've already done.
Ask them if they'll lend you a car for half a day max and in return you'll provide them with the link to the finished video for use on their website (which is your Youtube channel). Producing good quality reviews for a dealership is expensive so if your stuff is good they will probably go for it.
As a Sales Manager for a multi Franchise dealership I am fully aware of how expensive good video is to produce.

Reaction score
Hmmm. Still monetized at the moment. I hope they pay us out after demonetization. That would be the ethical thing to do.

504RoadTrips

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
From the official YouTube FAQ:

If you have AdSense earnings but your current balance doesn't meet the payment threshhold, you can follow the steps to permanently cancel your AdSense account. As long as your current balance meets the cancellation threshhold, you'll be paid your full AdSense balance in the next payment cycle. [bolding is mine in this last sentence...see comments at end]
If you think you’ll reach the YPP threshold soon, we suggest waiting until your channel is eligible for the program again so that you don’t have to open a newAdSense account to start earning money.
Before canceling your account: If you have never received a payment from AdSense before, make sure to follow all the steps to getting paid, including:

1. Provide your tax information, if necessary
  2. Confirm your payee name and address
  3. Set up how you want to receive your payment
  4. Verify your address with a PIN that's mailed to you (if you don't already have a PIN, this may take 2-4 weeks)
If you'd like to participate in AdSense again in the future, you'll need to submit a new application using an email address that's not associated with any previous AdSense account.

So what I'm seeing here is that if you've reached over $100.00 in the last payment cycle, you'll get every penny that you're owed by Adsense. If not, it will sit there until you again become eligible for YPP. OR, you can just completely shut down your Adsense account and they'll pay you the balance, regardless of the amount: $0.01 to $99.99 (unless I'm misunderstanding what "cancellation threshhold" means.

The reality: If you're a small channel, just starting out, we're probably talking about dollars and cents here. If you want to give up completely on ever getting revenue, shut it down and get your few dollars. If not, let it sit and grow your channel. Be sure you've completed steps 1, 2 and 3 at our favorite video sharing site with a slash and then account_monetization (sorry, forum won't let me post the link) regardless of how close you are. I waited 14 months for my first $100, and then 5 months, and then 3 months, and now 2 months. If you produce interesting content on a regular basis, subscriber growth comes on an upward curve. You may start out with 5 subscribers a month, then 15, then 30, then 60, then 120, etc. The curve didn't start moving upward for me until about a year and a half in, but I can see it now. I had just over 600 subscribers on January 8 (two year anniversary), and will probably hit 800 by tomorrow.

If you're on the higher end, and close, my advice is to wait it out. Don't get discouraged. I strongly suspect that starting tomorrow, YouTube ad views are going to be worth a LOT more than they were yesterday. Since there will be fewer channels to run ads on, the monetized channels will get more ads, and therefore, will make more money.

In my case, I produce content that gets a lot of views from searches, and because so many searches hit my videos, they get on the "recommended" list a lot. I never pushed subscriptions, except for a "please subscribe" at the very end of the video, and I'm guessing that very few people reach that last 20 seconds of the video for that reminder. I also feel that most YouTube viewers don't properly utilize the subscription list, and just watch recommended or trending videos. So, in looking at that Account Monetization page I linked above, I have 13,557 watchtime hours, but only 797 subscribers. Based on my channel's recent growth, I should hit 1000 in the next 4-6 weeks. I'll wait it out. Tomorrow, I should be getting a payment of around $115.00. Then I'll have around $60.00 left in my account. I'll lose around $100 in revenue if I have to wait 6 weeks to get back into YPP, but I think the reward of better ad revenue will be worth it once I get back in.

(To the mods of yttalk, I fully understand the inability to post video and channel links, and third party website spam to the forum, but certain YouTube URLs should be whitelisted, as important information can be found at these links).

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If not, it will sit there until you again become eligible for YPP. OR, you can just completely shut down your Adsense account and they'll pay you the balance, regardless of the amount: $0.01 to $99.99 (unless I'm misunderstanding what "cancellation threshhold" means.
There is AdSense Threshold for payment even if you close the account. It is called Cancellation Threshold, it's equal to the PIN verification threshold, so if you received PIN and confirmed, you will get paid - $10 (€10 etc). - reference - support.google.com/adsense/answer/1709871
Your assumption i.e. regardless of the amount $0.01 is incorrect.

I guess in the past month YouTube was trying to negotiate another way to get payment from AdSense without closing the account or reaching the payment threshold, but AdSense team was not willing to do it. (too expensive, too much work for too little, too risky, etc..). Closing the account was the only way before the new demonetization rule as well. Nothing changed.

I wouldn't suggest anyone to close their AdSense account, since AdSense is used not only for YouTube, but also for other revenue streams like from Websites, Blogger, Hubpages, best-reviewer, etc..

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Because its annoying that i asked one question '' will i take my payment?'' answer is: work hard on your channel. This isnt answering. I already know i must keep going. But i must know if i will take my payment. So please if you dont know the answer, dont answer. Simple as that. And thanks for people who at least tried to answer my question. And i have almost 100 dolar. Maybe you dont know how people live, but i dont have rich life. If i can get 100 dolar, it can be useful for me. just because i have 99 dolars i wont get payment thats very upset.
From the official YouTube FAQ:

If you have AdSense earnings but your current balance doesn't meet the payment threshhold, you can follow the steps to permanently cancel your AdSense account. As long as your current balance meets the cancellation threshhold, you'll be paid your full AdSense balance in the next payment cycle. [bolding is mine in this last sentence...see comments at end]
If you think you’ll reach the YPP threshold soon, we suggest waiting until your channel is eligible for the program again so that you don’t have to open a newAdSense account to start earning money.
Before canceling your account: If you have never received a payment from AdSense before, make sure to follow all the steps to getting paid, including:

1. Provide your tax information, if necessary
  2. Confirm your payee name and address
  3. Set up how you want to receive your payment
  4. Verify your address with a PIN that's mailed to you (if you don't already have a PIN, this may take 2-4 weeks)
If you'd like to participate in AdSense again in the future, you'll need to submit a new application using an email address that's not associated with any previous AdSense account.

So what I'm seeing here is that if you've reached over $100.00 in the last payment cycle, you'll get every penny that you're owed by Adsense. If not, it will sit there until you again become eligible for YPP. OR, you can just completely shut down your Adsense account and they'll pay you the balance, regardless of the amount: $0.01 to $99.99 (unless I'm misunderstanding what "cancellation threshhold" means.

The reality: If you're a small channel, just starting out, we're probably talking about dollars and cents here. If you want to give up completely on ever getting revenue, shut it down and get your few dollars. If not, let it sit and grow your channel. Be sure you've completed steps 1, 2 and 3 at our favorite video sharing site with a slash and then account_monetization (sorry, forum won't let me post the link) regardless of how close you are. I waited 14 months for my first $100, and then 5 months, and then 3 months, and now 2 months. If you produce interesting content on a regular basis, subscriber growth comes on an upward curve. You may start out with 5 subscribers a month, then 15, then 30, then 60, then 120, etc. The curve didn't start moving upward for me until about a year and a half in, but I can see it now. I had just over 600 subscribers on January 8 (two year anniversary), and will probably hit 800 by tomorrow.

If you're on the higher end, and close, my advice is to wait it out. Don't get discouraged. I strongly suspect that starting tomorrow, YouTube ad views are going to be worth a LOT more than they were yesterday. Since there will be fewer channels to run ads on, the monetized channels will get more ads, and therefore, will make more money.

In my case, I produce content that gets a lot of views from searches, and because so many searches hit my videos, they get on the "recommended" list a lot. I never pushed subscriptions, except for a "please subscribe" at the very end of the video, and I'm guessing that very few people reach that last 20 seconds of the video for that reminder. I also feel that most YouTube viewers don't properly utilize the subscription list, and just watch recommended or trending videos. So, in looking at that Account Monetization page I linked above, I have 13,557 watchtime hours, but only 797 subscribers. Based on my channel's recent growth, I should hit 1000 in the next 4-6 weeks. I'll wait it out. Tomorrow, I should be getting a payment of around $115.00. Then I'll have around $60.00 left in my account. I'll lose around $100 in revenue if I have to wait 6 weeks to get back into YPP, but I think the reward of better ad revenue will be worth it once I get back in.

(To the mods of yttalk, I fully understand the inability to post video and channel links, and third party website spam to the forum, but certain YouTube URLs should be whitelisted, as important information can be found at these links).
So you see, the answer is no you will not "take your payment" without closing your Adsense account; and I did tell you to do the right thing if you need the money so bad!

Reactions: The BBQ Chef

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Sadly woke up this morning to realize that it wasn't a bad joke, but YouTube actually released everyone from partnership that didn't qualify!

It's bitter-sweet. On one hand, I really enjoyed making my $1 - $2 every month. On the other hand, it motivates me to create better, more engaging content to reach that new goal!

Rouge

The All-Round Lad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Musician, Guru, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian, Gamer, Commentator
them 1-2 dollars a month man....I miss them soo much.

Reactions: BrettMikaluk

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I woke up this morning and wasn't monetized
But it wasn't that big a surprise as I only have 475 Subscribes on this channel
So I will let my channel grow and see what we can come up with.
I'm still NOT going to quit, I enjoy making videos to much!!!

Reactions: BrettMikaluk