Well I made my intro in lightworks for free. Didn't take me too long either. I like my intro because it's snappy and memorable. Maybe I could shorten it a bit, it's 10 seconds long. One day possibly. I also sometimes put a 'skit' at the start of my video, then the intro (my latest video on the signature below shows this) and I like the effect that gives the overall start to the video. But again it's personal preference and I wouldn't say it makes a lot of difference

I don't have currently, but I do plan on commissioning an artist/animator to make me one(including channel art) when I get the spare change.

I've started to add a little clip of the video before my 3 second intro. But, working in Marketing has taught me that you should always be consistent with your audience - which is key to building a brand. That's why I use one.

It depends. For example on my old gaming channel, I had a really amazing 2d intro with really catchy music, and although I only had about 3000 subscribers on it, I would say 30-40% had posted that they really enjoyed watching my introduction. On the other hand, I read that to capture someones attention, you need to dazzle them in the first 10 seconds of video, and if you have a boring introduction then that isnt the way to do it. So if you have a good catchy intro then yes, else I would say just get straight into your content. Good luck!

Intro or not intro, that is the question.
Do whatever floats your boat, but be aware that if your intro is too long, it can send viewers away. I personnally get bored very easily with intros, more than 10s. and you lose me. However I think it is a great way to have a "unity" within your videos even if you do different "concepts" on your channel. It really puts your Brand in people's minds.
I put a 4 seconds intro in the beginning of each one of my videos, so it is clear for people that, whether you are looking at a speedpaint, a review or a tutorial video, they are from the same person.

I'm still wondering myself I should use an intro. In the future I may start using an intro but right now it's not really a big issue.

So basically don't stress over it. Just focus on the actual content of your videos.

Back