Intro or no intro?

Spectre677

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I did have an 8 second intro first it was a Vultra one until I could figure out how to make my own then I made one relevant to my channel which I did use for over 40 videos but I have recently taken the advice of Tim Schmoyer and got rid of it so people get straight into the video.

I checked out some other big channels like H20Delirious and Vanoss and they don't use intro's either I don't think they have a have a massive effect to be honest but imagine if you wanted to watch a 10 video series on a channel and had to watch the same 5 to 8 sec intro 10 times would get a bit annoying after a while people more often than not like to get straight into the action saves me having to edit every video to add the intro I now just do to take parts out I don't like.

Henry Gallimore

I WANT TO DIE
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think it's preference. Having an intro gives you another way to express your content. Ideally have it quite short though.

spektronomy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It just depends on your preference and your type of content. I really like these big youtubers' intros, quick few words just to get you quickly into their video and then you go!

bb109

Reaction score
i really dislike intros. I rarely find an intro video i like.
Most are either too long or just stupid/annoying like Glozell's intro.

Whenever i see an intro. I tend to skip the first minute of the video just to avoid it.

I prefer a Logo on the bottom of your video.

Nanonium

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I don't think an intro in needed, the first few seconds are essential to get your viewer attached, an intro wastes that time, plus after a while it gets boring to watch the intro

JaiMesza

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I don't personally have a proper intro, really it's just a few clips here and there ahah, but I love watching other makeup artists have intro's on their channel because I believe it looks really professional. It's all personal preference in the end though :)

Reactions: Marcus Walker

Marcus Walker

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I used to use an intro, but now i try to use a time lapse with text over it introducing the date for later reference if i ever wanted to look back at a certain date and see what i did!

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The general advice in the youtube community is to not have one and get straight to the point before you lose people's attention.
But my fans kept going make an intro make an intro! You should have an intro!
So I found common ground by leading with a few seconds funny clip from the video, then 3 second intro, then diving straight into the content. Seems to be working so far.

georgia grace

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
i like outros more than intros because they're less invasive, i find that i usually skip the intro to a video unless it's only a couple of seconds long. if it's professionally done, i think it can be alright, but if it's someone's first time on your channel it can deter that audience away if it's similar to everyone elses' intro or if it's too long. you could always try it out and see if you're feeling it!