Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Intro or no intro?

Discussion in 'Branding and Channel Design' started by Furry Gurus, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Furry Gurus
    I'm a girl!
    Cash:
    $90
    A while back I started to add a short (2-3 second) intro to my videos, but someone pointed out to me that I shouldn't do that. Now I have started to doubt myself, what do you guys think? (the video in my signature does not have that intro).

CMTXRATED and Pixeled Monk like this.
  2. Jenna no manga
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $68
    I do not have an intro but now in my sit in videos I do introduce myself :) But no intro as subscribers would have seen it several time .

3. MichaelP
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $6
    Some viewers want you to get to the point with your video and maybe you should add a a small part of the video to the beginning, something interesting.

combeferret, Shadow17 and coliwob like this.
  4. chottom
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $101
    High audience retention segment in the beginning (if possible). Really short intro (like yours) is perfectly OK I think.

MrBruce, Jack Groves and Furry Gurus like this.
  5. Furry Gurus
    I'm a girl!
    Cash:
    $90
    ok thanks :)

chottom likes this.
  6. Lightsen
    Animation Yey!
    Cash:
    $208
    I would usually say no to an intro, BUT for pet channels I think its a good idea if you want to build a familiarity with your videos. How will i know after watching 50 cat videos which ones were yours? the familiar branding is all you need. and 2 seconds is more than enough to establish that. :)

7. BitsOfBen
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $60
    I've been youtubing for five years now and back in 2011 intros were a massive thing, everyone had them and they would go on for about 20 seconds. Nowadays not many people have them but if you do just stick to a three second or less thing. It's important that the video starts with the hook, line and sinker rather than a long intro.

ArtesVives and Connar Fife like this.
  8. Furry Gurus
    I'm a girl!
    Cash:
    $90
    Ah this is why you watched (and replied) to my video on youtube. I was thinking that it was a long time since I saw you there :)

Lightsen likes this.
  9. Marc Baggett
    I've Got It
    Cash:
    $105
    I have a 10 second intro on my videos. In my opinion is just makes your videos look more professional.

10. Lightsen
    Animation Yey!
    Cash:
    $208
    haha yeah, to be honest my sub box is pretty cluttered, i need to sort through it so i don't miss uploads. im only subbed to about 10 channels that upload every day everyone else has a slower rate, so youtube always sticks those same 10 at the top for me, i need to dig a little sometimes to see other uploads.

Quick Question likes this.