Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Intro or no intro?

Discussion in 'Branding and Channel Design' started by Furry Gurus, Feb 5, 2016.

1. AllVisuals4U
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $60
    An intro shouldn't be longer than one or two seconds in my opninion, even if it looks good.

2. G-Legend
    Cash:
    $80
    Intros are great for branding, which is crucial on YouTube if you want to be taken seriously. So I'd say YES, get an intro but make sure its under 8 seconds or so and looks professional. I have 3 different intros and 2 different outros so people aren't always seeing the same thing video after video. Remember: short and professional.

3. Messages:
    Cash:
    $6
    An intro is useful, as long as it isn't too long. People will start to hate it. Have a hook at the beginning, then come in with a short into. It would be useful to have a watermark throughout your video. Something that identifies your channel so people will remember it

4. luckee
    Cash:
    $65
    I honestly don't like intros, I usually skip them but if you like to add intros and if it is professionally done then why not. Longer than 7 seconds for me is a no. Why would I watch an intro that doesn't help me in some way? Just make a 3 second intro, that's it. Just my POV.

5. luckee
    Cash:
    $65
    You sounds like guava juice and the way you speak. I've watched your Spicy Ramen Challenge, you literally sounds like him. Anyway, On topic: You can add intros but lessen it to 3 seconds just my opinion.

KadiesToyChest likes this.
  6. Always Sunbros
    Cash:
    $38
    I'd have to say personal preference. That being said look at a channel like Game Grumps. They are building a brand with their intros. Letting you know what segment you're about to watch pending on the intro you get. Im only a small time youtuber at best. So take that for what it's worth. :)

7. AllVisuals4U
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $60
    I shouldn't make them longer than 1 or maybe 2 seconds. 2 seconds is already a bit long in my opninion.

8. DethArena
    Cash:
    $7
    I think short intros are fine, like others have said, long ones make people hit the red X

9. XenosTheGamer
    YTtalk Mad
    Cash:
    $7
    Just don't make a text based one. Unless you really want to i guess. I'd try to make some thing creative, just me.

10. xer0
    Cash:
    $17
    i really like my intro..... but should i remove it ? or stick to it ? :/