Intros are great for branding, which is crucial on YouTube if you want to be taken seriously. So I'd say YES, get an intro but make sure its under 8 seconds or so and looks professional. I have 3 different intros and 2 different outros so people aren't always seeing the same thing video after video. Remember: short and professional.

An intro is useful, as long as it isn't too long. People will start to hate it. Have a hook at the beginning, then come in with a short into. It would be useful to have a watermark throughout your video. Something that identifies your channel so people will remember it

I honestly don't like intros, I usually skip them but if you like to add intros and if it is professionally done then why not. Longer than 7 seconds for me is a no. Why would I watch an intro that doesn't help me in some way? Just make a 3 second intro, that's it. Just my POV.

I'd have to say personal preference. That being said look at a channel like Game Grumps. They are building a brand with their intros. Letting you know what segment you're about to watch pending on the intro you get. Im only a small time youtuber at best. So take that for what it's worth. :)

Back