I think less than 10 seconds is fine if you want in each video. As mentioned by someone above people don't have much time if its a topic that interest them they want to get to the point.
Or you can have a short video and put on Dashboard - For NewVisitor.

My latest has a 30 second intro to tell people what's in the next 26 mins of video. Think it all depends on the type of video you are making

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

I do not have a specific intro but,my videos start with a " Hello ... today I am going to show you .." And after this the video really begins.In my opinion is not necessary to have a very detailed intro or a long one. Just be yourself and show your logo or some image that is in touch with your content.

Intro for sure, short but sweet so people can remember it. When you are new that is not very important for you but when you start becoming big then it's all about the channel brand. So my vote for intro

I think intros are great starting out....but once your channel grows a little it can get repetative. Also I see intros as more of a gaming channel asset. Not many non-gamimg channels have intros. My advise is just to say hi and get into it.(unless you are a gamer!) or be creative and do a new timelapse every video! :)

I personally have an overlay intro - this cuts off the ~8+ seconds of an intro but is still classified as an intro, I pair it up with my spoken intro and now I have some sort of branding. I like the intros that are sort of part of the channel - like, me personally, when I see the Universal Studios intro before a movie, it hypes me up, it's sort of part of the movie - hard to explain but I hope you get the idea. A text spinning to some music - yeah it looks cool, but it doesn't offer the same feel as say the universal intro

I think it depends on the type of video you are posting. If it's a video less that 1 minute 30 I don't think you require an intro but definitely if it's a video that's long and your talking majority of the time.

My main videos dont really need an intro, so for me, no intro.. I dont do any titles either. This is YouTube, not television and since the video title appears at the top of the video it seems redundant to waste 10 seconds with a bunch of words that nobody cares about. I DO have a quick logo (about 4 seconds) at the very start of the video for branding.

Back